Dunno what to do

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by DeceitFour20, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Well.

I don't post on here often, but I will...smoking has been happening often. haha, even now. :D

anyways...i'll get to the point. My dad smokes. He doesn't know I know...atleast I think. I mean shit, I can tell if someone smokes weed and I was right. He does. So if I can, maybe he can tell I do too.

Anyways. he left his stash out and shit. I saw it. So I'm honestly thinking about just confronting him about it...I think he'd be cool with it maybe? I dunno.

I guess just let him know I know about it and that I'm cool with it because I smoke as well from time to time. So is this a bad idea? I mean...I'm 18 years old, going to college but living at home, got a job, girlfriend of 2 years... etc. so he knows im doing shit atleast.

So what should I do? confront him about it? because maybe he'd be cool with it and maybe let me just smoke and chill...wouldn't have to worry about keeping it on the downlow too much, etc. hell maybe even smoke or something together? I dunno.

What should I do?

I'll take any advice...

2. Hey dude, I'm in a pretty similar situation to you, and I still haven't brought up the courage to come out and tell my parents I smoke. I haven't really needed to since I've lived at a college for uni most of this year, so it has been easy to hide my habits. Returning home for 3 months this weekend, so I'll need to make the decision soon.

The way I think of it, if your dad smokes, then he would be a raging hypocrite to give you shit about it. It sounds like your being responsible about your smoking, and that your not letting it ruin your life, so there is no reason for him to get mad/punish you. Plus, having parents that are chilled about you smoking and even joining you would be awesome!

So I'd say go for it! But maybe start off with subtle hints, eg talking bout his smoking before you admit to your own.
    Good luck on whatever you decide!

3. believe it or not...one of my friends said to do something like this...

next time its just him and I around the house...and we've been chill w/ each other and shit all day or if I can tell that he's already kinda high. just ask him if he wants to join me in a blunt or something. and if he's like "what the..." or sketches out for a sec be like "Look...I know that you smoke, I've even seen your bowl laying out, etc. and i'm cool with it."

and just see what happens. but I dunno, theres a part of me that says I'd rather him figure out/catch me with a joint or something first. I dunno.

4. well, you could maybe make it less obvious so that he's forced to mention something if you get caught haha.
    Otherwise, like you said, just see what happens.