Dummy's Organic Run

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by 3Deez, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Stand by for incoming fire...

Been busy af with indoor followed by outdoor plus family (teenager). Sorry for lack of pics lately. Thanks for keeping up. Happy lazy Sunday

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Photo bomb! Lovely pics man! Bud looks fire and the flowers and veggies look healthy af! Got to them lemons eh? Haha they're Giants.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 5
  3. looking lovely DDD!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Haha! I was gonna try to type up an explanation for each pic but I realized how badly I was killing my high trying to concentrate . Straight pics it had to be...

Yeah those lemons are tripping me out how big they are. One part of my tree is hanging down from the weight of the clusters. Man I fn love gardening!

Thanks bro!
    Hey Poppy! Good to see you! I hope all has been well with you. As you can see, I'm still here doing my thing and keeping this journal going until the City evicts me, lol.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Looks awesome Deez! I bet those lemons are delicious

• Like Like x 3
  6. Thanks Mainah! We've been making lemonade that doesn't require any sugar since the lemons are relatively sweet. They give off a strong citrus smell that lights up the kitchen pretty good.

Happy Monday

• Like Like x 6
  7. My mom has a lemon tree and I have NEVER seen them this massive. Nice haul Deez! Plenty of Limonene to go around

• Like Like x 3
  8. Thanks bro! This particular lemon is a hybrid and from what I understand there are actually two versions of the Ponderosa lemon. Both get huge but there's one that is specific to this region. Not sure how it all shakes out but I can tell you that we've had this tree for a few years now and this is the first season we got fruit off of it. Btw, the leaves and branches have an extremely good smell to them when rubbed or split open. The fruit smells like a cross between a lemon and a grapefruit but the tree smell very much like a lemon head candy. Ive been thinking of letting a branch or two dry out this season and then use em to smoke some fish with to see if the flavor infuses correctly. I have a vac sealed mahi mahi steak I'd like to try out.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Last night I, messed around with some materials I've laying around for a bit. Half dozen egg shells got charred on the grill and added to some apple cider vinegar to make water soluble calcium. I also started some serum for a small batch of lacto b. The rice got semi-cooked after the wash and I placed it outside in my mulch pile (the one with all the mushrooms and worms in it) to start an IMO1. Let's see how this turns out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  10. Man your garden is looking good, great job.:metal:

• Like Like x 3
  11. Thanks Major! I do enjoy being out there. I found some great mentors and subsequently, I've been learning alot about how to keep up with the desert climate. Now I just need to figure out the riddle of summer lol.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Few pics of the goings on....

The garden is ready to begin flipping more plants. The 1st Deathstomper (the lanky one I thought was a boy but couldn't tell for sure) got thrown in the flower tent for confirmation before I gave it the axe....and guess what. It's a girl, lol. No pics cause it's ugly as sin from neglect since I thought for sure it was getting chopped. Oh well....

When we started vs last night. I vegged these longer than Im used to
    [​IMG]

White Bananas got some more cuts taken off her so I can prep her for flower...
    [​IMG]

Finished the first batch of WSC and got a little over a cup. Still had plenty of egg shell left over so I added more apple cider vinegar to resume further extraction.

Finished strained product....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Added more vinegar and it picked right back up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  13. Garden looks great brother! Glad that lanky deathstomper turned out to be a girl! They filled out very nicely. The before and after pic was super cool to see how far they've come. Awesome work brother

:wave:

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. I'm with Gus, I like the before and after pic's.
    Really neat to see how they have filled in.

• Like Like x 3
  15. 3D, is that a mulch layer I'm seeing on top of your soil?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sorry for the late replies everybody! Went out with the Mrs to celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary . We had a nice dinner at a fancy steakhouse followed by some bong rips for myself .
    Thanks bro! I'm interested to see how this Stomper plays out. I got her staked up and hoping to see some more pistils show up anytime soon. White Bananas going going in next.
    Thanks bro! I hope you been well.
    Thanks Major! Been on a long veg compared to what I'm used to. Time to start throwing more of em into flower !
    Hey Poppy! Yep, thats coco shell mulch. I love this stuff. It's got a decent nutrient profile, breaks down pretty easily after a month or so and the fungi set up shop in it pretty quick. Plus it makes the tent smell like chocolate

• Like Like x 6
  17. Happy 21st anniversary! Well done.

Sent via my pet rock.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Happy anniversary Deez!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Chocolate, I like the sound of that!! I'm top dressing my grow this time with only spent coffee grounds. I let them age a while first, and with an aerated container they take on a sort of kombucha funk. Not unpleasant at all. We'll see in the days and weeks to come if they are breaking down quickly enough to keep my girls happy.

• Like Like x 2