Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dumbest thing youve heard people say about weed.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by The Rolling Stoner, Jan 29, 2014.

1. #101 ImTheJoker4u2, May 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2014
    This was started during Nixons start of the war on drugs. Government paid scientists were hired to demonize cannabis. They pumped in the equivalent of 20 joints an hour through gas masks strapped to monkeys. They suffocated monkeys with smoke. Lack of oxygen kills brain cells, not cannabis.
    Cannabis has actually been shown to stimulate cell activity, which might explain why so many musicians, artists, and actors smoke.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn8155-marijuana-might-cause-new-cell-growth-in-the-brain.html
    A synthetic chemical similar to the active ingredient in marijuana makes new cells grow in rat brains. What is more, in rats this cell growth appears to be linked with reducing anxiety and depression. The results suggest that marijuana, or its derivatives, could actually be good for the brain.

2. When my parents told me I wouldn't make anything of myself for it.
    I took third place in a state-level welding competition and am the top of my class.
    :laugh:

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I was talking to my doctor step father (cardiologist), and he said that weed kills. Man, were in Canada, you went to medical school, are you fucked? So I tried to explain in the simplest terms, America's top scientists did the most extensive research study ever in 1972 called the Schafer report, one of the many, many conclusions of the report was that no, there is nothing inside the cannabis plant that can kill you (unless you eat it and choke on it). His response: I know as a fact that it has killed people since 1972.

My mother agreed...then got mad at me for questioning her husband (that she had met a few months prior)

Just because someone is a doctor doesn't mean they are any more intelligent than the bum on the street, they just gave a superior ability to regurgitate information. The doctor title has no say on one's ability to think freely and logically.

4. No, but if you go to a bar, you have the option to get beer or whiskey. If you go to a poli-drug dealer, you can buy weed, maybe some blow, E, smack or crack (depending on the dealer). My first weed dealer was a coke dealer, my current one sells anything he can get his hands on. If they didn't sell other drugs, I wouldn't do other drugs. If there was no prohibition, and weed was sold everywhere in dispensaries for recreational use, people would have far less access to dangerous hedonistic drugs 

5. Pot makes you stupid.
    Say that to my 4.0 gpa bitches
    Hahahaha seriously

6. it kills brain cells.

7. I have heard that it would make me pregnant

Are you telling me it won't? Stupid pot head propaganda is all Im hearing. All you satan worshipping injectors of the dope have no future but pregnancy and prison

9. My friends mother once tried to tell us one joint equals 20 cigarettes

- Maturity is the decision to be mature when needed. Not being grouchy when the time to enjoy life is present.

10. "weed? i dont smoke that garbage...i ONLY smoke cigarettes."

11. When I got caught my junior year of HS the first time my parents found my stash my stepdad says "what if you overdosed" I was done right there. :hide: :smokin:

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Pretty shockingly I haven't heard anyone talking shit on weed in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. In drivers ed class, some kid, "They use the active ingredient in cannabis, called THC, tetrahydracqnanol, and put it in lotions thats good for your skin."

14. 99% of all weed is laced

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 4 using Tapatalk

15. Or just listen to anything a Republican has to say on the herb.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 4 using Tapatalk

Least i know what to say to a fool that will most likely say that to me in the future

17. "Weed can kill you"

Sent from my iPhone 420

18. My therapist said one joint has the same amount of tar as 25 cigarettes... I then asked so if I'm not burning it I'm fine then right? She said no chewing it can make your teeth rot from chemicals... I was referring to me vaping but lol I didn't argue I just showed her that movie the union and she cancelled all my appointments with her because "I was hopeless"

The Vape life is the only life for me.

19. In school we were always taught 1 joint is worse for you then 2 packs of cigs

20. #120 SocialSmoker213, May 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2014
    When i was a teenager I remember my parents saying to me "if your smoking marijuana god doesnt even know what else your doing, whats next heroin? meth? are you doing pills to?"

edit: clarified "when i was a child" to "when i was a teenager"