Dumbass drug addicts.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by B_herb420, Oct 9, 2010.

1. So, I've learned A LOT about addiction throughout my life. Thanks to my parents mostly.

My mom was always an alcoholic. Not like the violent vulgar alcoholic, but the extremely addicted I'll do anything kind of alcoholic. Which could be worse. She got addicted to pain killers when I was a little kid. My parents got divorced over arguing about not sharing pain killers. She would always make up stories about how she needed money for something. So, here I am stealing from my dad or giving away MY money or expensive things to sell to some alcoholic for booze. She went away to rehab multiple times. But, it seems like she thinks that rehab centers just 'fix you'. She recently went to a rehab center and told me "this is the last time", "she's better, now", "she can tell this time she'll be okay", blah, blah blah" Same bullshit I've heard before. Since she's been out of this recent rehab trip, she's been staying with me. Since she's been here, i offered her a bong hit (probably a bad idea). And, since then, she's been smoking 3-5 hits a day. Who the FUCK said she could do that? She's such an addict, that she thinks weed is drug you can be dependent on and all that shit, even after endless explanations about weed... Since she's been here, she's used my computer. (which she's not used to doing) And, of course i'm gonna check the history to see what she looked at. And, what do I find?... "www.buypercosetcreditcard.com " "www.percosetbuyonline" A bunch of dumb shit like that. First off, how fucking DUMB could you be to start looking for pain killers right after leaving a rehab center, quitting your job, and being fucking HOMELESS due to your fun little addiction? Like, What the FUCK? If she still hasn't learned, she has to be fucking retarded or something. /rant

Just wanted to share that.

2. Dude that sucks. Good on you for looking after her and giving her a roof over her head though.

She sounds like she needs a mirror to see what she's become.

3. Oh she's had a mirror. Everyday I tell her and explain to her. But, she's so DEEP into addiction and selfishness, her rationality is GONE.

4. Kinda ridic bro to smoke her out right when she gets outta rehab and then come on her to ridicule her. I understand where your anger comes from, but some people just have addictive personalities man and they don't know when to quit.

My buddys dad was the same way, addicted to opiates and an alcoholic. Anyways I hope she can change her ways. But you really shouldn't smoke her out dude, it's just gonna leaving her wanting those other feelings off the other substances back.

5. #5 B_herb420, Oct 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2010

Yeah, I wasn't planning on letting her smoke. But, If she's living with me, I'm not going to live MY life in a secret. So, she's gonna see me smoke. She already knew I smoke. She knows that weed is a much different drug than others. And, I really don't think the weed is what made her want pills. Because, before I let her smoke (she didn't smoke for the first week or so) I saw one of my icons on my desktop was changed to like, "www.hydrocod". So, i was like, what the fuck... And, didn't really think anything of it. But, once she knew that I have credit card information on a computer(which I am erasing) she looked how to buy some online with credit card.

6. I feel you man,

my grandmother had terminal lung cancer, so they gave her some strong opiates.

>> When she did pass, the morning when everyone was at the funeral home, she broke in to her dead mother's house looking for pain pills.
    << It takes a terrible person ,, to go to such lengths to satisfy an addiction.

My mom had been addicted since my dad passed away 12 years ago.... Shes gone through methadone treatments, rehab, counseling..

My latest discovery is that she contracted Hepatitis C from intravenous drug abuse.

so yeah... hopefully she can get help before it's too late

>> Can't turn my back on her, but fuck me, if you can't help yourself how do you expect me to help you...

7. Exactly how I feel, man.

8. Maybe smoking with her more often can help her
    I mean, it's harmless, and she's still getting high

9. You can only help people who want help and even then you can only do so much for a person.

It's hard to turn your back but in the long run you're going to have to. You shouldn't have to put your life and interests on pause to try to help your mother who seems like she doesn't want help.

People don't change and when they do it's usually for the worst.

You're going to be wasting alot of time do this. This is not good for you and even know it's going to be hard as hell to cut ties, that's what you're going to have to do.

Life is hard don't let other people make it any harder for you even if they're your parents. She should be taking care of you.

10. Damn dude, Props to you for being such a good person and helping your own mother out,and you're doing everything right except for ONE thing. From experiences that I'd rather leave unsaid, I've learned that when you leave rehab, you need ALOT of support from the people around you about staying clean, and I think that the only thing that you did wrong was offer her that bong hit. I mean, that can work two ways, that can be a test to see if she's trying to stay completely sober or it can fulfill her craving for intoxication, and eventually lead back to other things like booze and percs. But if she takes that hit, she will become dependent on it even if the drug isn't addictive. You said it yourself, she's making some shit up about how weed is addictive and all that, when in reality it isn't addictive. Well, in her mind, it is what she wants. It gets her intoxicated. She is getting dependent on it, Especially when, like you said, she is taking like 4 or 5 hits a day. In order to become dependent, or at least keep the dependency alive, you must have the mind state. If you think you need/want it, you're gonna believe that. It's like that for most substances that give you a pleasurable effect. Take nicotine or caffeine for example, If you start taking it, you're gonna like the effects that it gives you, thus having you buy more of it, or atleast want it again. Once you start noticing that you're having "just that one cigarette" or "just that one cup of coffee" too often, It's too late, because most likely you're having like 2 or 3 a day. I quit smoking cigarettes for about 4 months now, I've only smoked one cigarette within that time period but that was a test to see if I wanted it anymore. It was just out of curiosity and i'm glad to say that in my mind, I believe that I do not need nicotine anymore, nor do I crave it at all anymore. I'm done with it, and I don't see any use for it anymore in my life. All that I needed to get the ball rolling with the prosess of quitting, Was support. People are different, and the importance of support to someone may vary from person to person, but in the end, If we have someone whispering in our ear "Don't worry, just one wont hurt you" we ARE gonna get hooked again.

Back on topic tho, I think that the only wrong thing that you did was offer her that bong hit. To me, It sounds like she was looking for ANY way to get high. Wether you offered her a cigarette, weed, meth, coke, whatever, she probably would have taken it just to try to achieve that same feeling of intoxication that she had with the percosets or the booze that she was addicted to. We all know that weed isn't bad for you, nor is it addictive, but we can all agree that weed gets you intoxicated, or high as most people call it. So if she were to have a craving for that intoxicated feeling, she would turn to whatever she could find. I'm just concerned that if she keeps on smoking as much as she is, every day, she will not have the restraint to keep herself from moving back to percs. And no offense, I'm not quite sure if you, OR rehab, would be able to hold her back. I may be wrong about that tho, because I don't know you, your mom, the rehab center, or ANYTHING about your situation other than what you have posted. Weed is only a gateway drug if you allow it to be. If you become very linient with it, or stupid, and you start taking other drugs looking for a new form of intoxication, Weed would be considered a gateway drug. Then again, availibility of the other drugs may also play a role in if it leads you to new drugs because if you have a dealer that sells weed AND (insert drug of choice here), Sooner or later you will sniff around out of curiosity. That's human nature. Weed can also NOT be a gateway drug, if you are smart about it, use it responsibly, and only recreationally. It varies from person to person because not everyone has the same amount or restraint, and some people are just stupid about drugs and don't take it seriously.

That is just my opinion on the whole situation, you don't have to read my whole rant if you want haha, and hey, I may not be the same as everyone else, and i'm sure there are people that disagree with me here. But yeah, Good luck with her, and I hope she wins the battle with addiction. Just remember, Even if she is clean from the substance for 10 years, she can always get hooked on it again ANY day. You're never 100% safe from becoming addicted to it again until the day that you die as sad as that sounds. Good luck, and Good job on being so caring for her.

11. well.. would you rather have your mom take 5 hits from the bong, or 5 drinks of vodka?.. i think the weed is better for her.

12. what he said ^.

cannabis is quite harmless, you should sit her down and say that you support her cannabis useage as long as she keeps it at that.

If she starts abusing other drugs, tell her its back to rehab.

You can only support her for so long man.

13. yeah my mom is similar with the painkillers. problem is she gets them prescribed because she got into an accident, while on painkillers...go figure huh? anyways, to her its not an addiction, its simply her "taking her medecine". even with that bullshit excuse she always runs short before the end of the month and has to borrow from freinds. these bullshit pharmacutical narcotics have pretty much ruined my childhood so i know how you feel to some extent. hang in there man and cut loose from her if you need to, sometimes its the only way to save yourself.

14. i'd kick her the fuck out of my house.

15. How old is your mom exactly? 18?

16. Lets look at Granny Storm Crow's most excellent list. Esp. this:

ADDICTION RISK- PHYSICAL

Women's Guide to the UofC (no date)
    Women's Guide to the UofC

Cannabis Basics (no date)
    Erowid Cannabis Vault: Basics

10 Things Every Parent, Teenager & Teacher Should Know About Marijuana (4th Question) (no date)
    Erowid Psychoactive Vaults

Marijuana Myths, Claim No. 9 (no date)
    Erowid Cannabis Vault : Exposing Marijuana Myths

Excerpt from the Merck Manual (excerpt - 1987)
    http://www.ukcia.org/research/merck.htm

Relative Addictiveness of Various Substances (full - 1990)
    http://www.ukcia.org/research/addictiv.htm
    Anandamide, an Endogenous Cannabinoid, Has a Very Low Physical Dependence Potential (full - 1998)
    Anandamide, an Endogenous Cannabinoid, Has a Very Low Physical Dependence Potential

Dependency and Cannabis (full - 1999)
    Tod H. Mikuriya, M.D.

Chronic Morphine Modulates the Contents of the Endocannabinoid, 2-Arachidonoyl Glycerol, in Rat Brain (full - 2003)
    Neuropsychopharmacology - Chronic Morphine Modulates the Contents of the Endocannabinoid, 2-Arachidonoyl Glycerol, in Rat Brain

Long term marijuana users seeking medical cannabis in California (2001–2007): demographics, social characteristics, patterns of cannabis and other drug use of 4117 applicants (full - 2007)
    Harm Reduction Journal | Full text | Long term marijuana users seeking medical cannabis in California (2001-2007): demographics, social characteristics, patterns of cannabis and other drug use of 4117 applicants

Lack of behavioral sensitization after repeated exposure to THC in mice and comparison to methamphetamine (full - 2007)
    Lack of behavioral sensitization after repeated exposure to THC in mice and comparison to methamphetamine

Merck Manual - Marijuana (Cannabis) (excerpt - 2008)
    Marijuana (Cannabis): Drug Use and Dependence: Merck Manual Professional

Study of 4000 indicates marijuana discourages use of hard drugs. (news - 2008)
    Study of 4000 indicates marijuana discourages use of hard drugs.

Adolescent Exposure to Chronic Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol Blocks Opiate Dependence in Maternally Deprived Rats (abst - 2009)
    Neuropsychopharmacology - Abstract of article: Adolescent Exposure to Chronic Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol Blocks Opiate Dependence in Maternally Deprived Rats

The Surprising Effect Of Marijuana On Morphine Dependence (news - 2009)
    The Surprising Effect Of Marijuana On Morphine Dependence - Health News - redOrbit

Active Ingredient In Cannabis Eliminates Morphine Dependence In Rats
    (news- 2009)
    Active Ingredient In Cannabis Eliminates Morphine Dependence In Rats

17. Not when i'm paying like 400 an oz of dank.