Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dumb Stoners

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by sIlVeRpIsTiL, Apr 2, 2009.

1. #1 sIlVeRpIsTiL, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2009
    Theres been somethin botherin me for a couple days now. I ran in to somebody that was sellin purple kush he only had like a ounce at the time but anyways i start talkin to him about some weight and immediately he started throwin some taxin ass prices so i was like ok whatever. He tries tellin me it would be 1350 for a cutie so i ask him why cuz i could usually get them for 1100 so he goes into this long ass story about how much harder it is for his guy to grow it and get it to turn purple and whole bunch of other bullshit and thats what irritated me for some reason. I know enough about strains and growing that ya... it was legit purple kush but just because of that it wouldnt take too much more effort to grow it which would brings it to that rediculous price. Does anybody understand where im comin from?:confused:

2. i know exactly where your coming from. i was talkin to a guy a few months ago and hes bragging he can get me a qp of fire for 1000 and i just sat there laughing at him and told him i can get a qp for 700 of fire 800 tops.

so of coarse he goes into detail on why his stuff is worth the extra 300 saying his guy is a world class grower and his guys been to the cannabis cup and his guy has been growing for a long time and his guy has many customers who will pay 1000 for a qp and that his stuff is better then what i get.

my simple reply is great, all those people can get ripped off, ill stick with my hooks.

3. ya i feel u man

4. I usually avoid purple bud, unless it's from a trusted dealer.

Usually when someone claims they have 'super fire' I have to look, because once it was actually true. I paid $100 for an 1/8 of buds, and that was homie price (he sold 1/8 for $120 and people were buying because stuff this good is never around). 99% of the time it's just normal club bud, and I'll laugh and say no thanks.

5. #5 Cottonmouth 85, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2009
    no not really. If the strain takes longer to grow and yields less it's worth more per gram. It's why nobody sells sativa.

Maybe he's lying or maybe thats what he needs to sell it at to be worth while. It's not like there is a fixed price for weed. Whatever the grower and seller come to terms on.

If you normally get cash crop strains like northern lights and stuff like that why would you think it would be the same price for purple kush?

Maybe I misunderstood. Are you saying he's trying to jack up the price on the same quality you always smoke just because it's purple and calling it purple kush? It sucks but people do it. It just commands more price.

6. I blame the rappers by making it seem like purple bud is better than green bud, it's not.

And I don't think it's the intelligence of the stoner in OP's case, it's greed.

7. are you joking?

8. i usually don't give a fux if it looks heady im down for whatever price within reason Not gonna sit and try to jew the dude down on his product

9. tell him that if you bought a QP and you turned around and sold the ounces individually. then you would expect a marginal profit. not your money back.

10. i say the exact god damn thing!!
    One time i bought into it and gave one of my guys the ok. So i bought a quater from him and he was like cool i'll throw you a free dub too. It was for about 90$. It wasn't anything better than what i had and coulda got. It was kinda lower than what i smoke kinda. It He gave me like 4 grams of shake 2.0 in nuggs. he was missing a gram and the gram he hooked it up with was like .8. I was kinda mad. I coulda got better for the same price or less.

After that, i just started talkn prices with him and shit, && yeah it didn't go good. I find him as a shady ass dude.

and to the OP if i were you i'd get into the business and take his custies xD

DRUG DEALING TALK IS NOT ALLOWED ON THESE FORUMS.

11. You shouldve owned this guy when you had the chance.. for example:

Is this guy has so many customers, why the hell are you bothering me.

What a bullshitter. (im not talking about the poster i mean the guy who the poster
    posted about) :smoking:

12. I'm laughing my ass off about 'getting it to turn purple'.

Real Purple Kush turns purple on it's own. Most of the 'purple' strains sold out there are really other strains that were forced to turn purple by lowering the temperature at night during flowering and/or witholding water at the right time.

13. Excuse the ignorance, but isn't purple kush actually not a "purple strain"? Ive never had PK, but i've seen it quite a few times here and it was rarely purple if at all.

There's surely different phenotypes or w/e (again, excuse the ignorance) though.

but according to rappers you're supposed to be paying more for purple because it's the more potent or something... :rolleyes:

14. There are kush phenotypes that have some purple to their calyxes when mature. It's a more subtle shade than most of the 'purple' stuff I see around.

I know at least one grower who adds grape juice to his flush for the last week to make it purple. I'm not shitting you. I just shook my head when I saw that.

15. does that do anything benificial?(sp?)

16. No. It doesn't do anything bad per se though. I just consider it dishonest to color, flavor, or otherwise force appearance changes on bud if it's for resale. It's like false advertising. Force a nice but otherwise plane jane indica to turn purple and suddenly it's 'worth' more :rolleyes:

17. If you have a bag of Purple Kush and a bag of forced purple, can you tell the difference?

18. An experienced grower can usually tell. Note that purple doesn't mean better, natural or forced.

19. Since I'm not an experienced grower is it just better to avoid purp altogether or just make sure I check it out (trichomes, smell) before buying?

20. just dont pay extra for a color