Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dumb question time

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Newbie84, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Hello all,

Thank you in advance for answering my questions.  Just getting into trying to grow for my wife.  She suffers from crohn's disease, and I have found that canna caps really help her.  So I have decided to try and grow my own. 

I purchased a 4x4 inside grow tent, and I am looking to grow cbd rich strains.  My questions are, what are the best strains to try and grow?  Where is the best place to get seeds?  And also, when I have been looking online, the seeds will say October harvest.  Does this mean I can only grow this plant for an October harvest?  Or since I am growing indoors it does not matter.

Thank you again for your help.

2. I really can't answer about the seeds, but if you're looking for strains rich in CBD, look into Charlotte's Web, Cannatonic (#1 & #4, if I recall correctly), and ACDC (a phenotype of cannatonic that can produce huge amounts of CBD, with very little THC)

Also, when they say a specific harvest time for a strain, they're talking about when it's best to harvest outdoors. Your indoor lights mimic the light cycle for how the cannabis plant grows naturally. For instance, in the summer, (18/6 light cycle) the plants are naturally in the vegetative growth stage. Then, in the fall (12/12 light cycle), the plant would naturally go into flowering.

Hope that clears some things up.

3. Thank you for replying, is it possible to buy seeds from the strains you listed?  I really appreciate the help.  

4. Thank you all for your replies.

The 3 plants I am trying to grow now came from buds, from what I've read so far, this will not yield much medicine, plus there is a good chance they won't grow at all.  Is this correct?  Don't want to waste 8 to 10 weeks if they won't produce.

Any thoughts? 

5. Came from buds? like you found seeds in some bud? If so they could be awesome and produce it just depends on genetics, nutes, temp, lights (Lights being a HUGE part). If they're bag seed they have a chance of being a male plant which doesn't produce what you are looking for. If you want to avoid males you could order some feminized seeds. 

6. Came from a quarters we bought of some sour diesel and others.

7. Well if you liked it there would be no harm in giving her a go. Long as the seeds are mature they'll do fine. Just be sure to read up in the growing sections so you'll be prepared to cull the males if you end up getting any. What kind of lights did you get for the tent?

8. I have 3 philips 120w plant lights.  

9. #11 OneOfTheGoodOnes, Nov 16, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
    If your looking for a strain high in CBD's Sour D is NOT what you want, as it's high in THC being 90% Sativa.

Sour Diesel
    Reservoir Seeds
    Sativa 90 / Indica 10
    Origins: Mexican Sativa x Chemo
    Flowering: 75-80 days
    Harvest: early November

http://www.kindgreenbuds.com/marijuana-strains/sour-diesel/

10. Any thoughts on lighting?

11. I would not buy anyone that is selling 'Charlottes Web' seeds as these have never been released to the public. There is a Canadian seed bank selling what they are calling Charlottes Web but it is not the true strain of 25:1. The other suggestions are spot on!

12. Northern lights has a pretty good cbd ratio if I remember correctly

Sent from four score and seven years ago