Dumb Butt First time grower vs the world.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Megoomafoo, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Okay... So I'm a first time grower. I started out with a bunch of "may or may not work" hand me down seeds. Now... Here we go

What type of medium; soil or hydro? Soil
    What brand and type of soil? Maybe Miracle Grow, maybe organic. I originally re-used soil that I had both over-watered and over-fertilized and it's a wonder it had no nutrient burn. It was so rich that the soil was almost black in color.
    Indoors or outdoors?
    Indoors

What strain?
    No clue... it's local though so and we call it "Cougar". 

How old are the plants?
    5 weeks as of today

What type of lights and how many watts?
    I grew them on the windowsill facing the north. 

What is your watering frequency and source of water?
    Once or twice a week in small portions. I use filtered well water that has sat a day.

What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    70 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit 

What size pots?
    About six inches, except for Tiny Tim
    Any bugs? Look real close.
    Fricking Spider mites

I'm really scared for my plants. Just re potted into an organic soil. I was growing a raspberry plant as I started them up and the plant developed spider mites which quickly infested all of my other plants. Convinced it was leaf curl disease, I quickly discarded my raspberry plant and now I feel stupid. I just treated them today with soapy water after five hours of intense research and forum hopping and I want to know if it's getting to be too late. Tiny Tim is as old as the others. He was late to germinate and is also being affected by the mites of his only two leaves. I don't know what went wrong there except for me doing everything wrong.

The fourth image was caught in the sun. it is the largest because I stretched them by accident and the leaves are a more healthy color. 

The last image is that of Tiny Tim, whom is also struggling with mites and is shriveling.

All of the small round leaves on all except for Tiny Tim are a lighter yellow color and I am really confused as to why.

Is it too late?

Attached Files:

2. After rinsing the dish soap solution off, I noticed that the leaves appear to be droopy. Now I watered immediately after re-potting them but the soil is dense and takes a while to soak in so it's only a little damp, but no serious moisture. I moved them into an old fish tank where they are under a 40 watt bulb in order to prevent the stretching until I  move them outside. The tallest one has a sharp growth sticking out at the bottom leaves and the sticks and red yarn are for support. Tiny Tim cannot stand on his own and although the others do, they are not capable of standing straight and tall like the little troopers they've been thus far. I'm a bad plant parent. I apologize to them everyday.

3. Looks like crap bro

4. #4 PineappleBomb, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2015
    Super stretched. They look like they are light starved. I would try to up the light to 4000 lumens per square foot of cool white cfl. To keep them from stretching more. May be worth starting over with a better setup but they can still be ok with a little TLC.

Also put them in pots that don't allow light to reach the root zone!

Good luck!

I don't think I have time to restart them. I might try changing the setup and them planting two more and seeing how they do, but after I deal with the mites. These are my precious babies, you see. I at least want to give it my best shot. Come October, I won't be able to keep all but one with me, so I'm debating on whether or not to use the seeds.

6. If you don't have the time I don't think this is the right hobby since all plants do is grow very slowly, lol.

Not to burst your bubble but if you plan to smoke this just stop and use a better light source.  If its a self project of  "can I grow a plant in the window sill" then by all means carry on and kick ass, but if you want anything smokeable you might want to slow down, dedicate the time so your plant actually grows.