Dumb Bitch at My School

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Weed_Pleez_123, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Look what this cunt wrote in my student newspaper!: The Scribe - Dueling Opinions

I submitted the following comment. I just hope the moderators accept it:

I don't even know where to begin; there is such little research and logic in her editorial.
    1.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]The Dutch did not legalize heroin for general use. Rather, they allowed addicts to obtain it by prescription. In fact, the Dutch government expanded the program, which only caters to hardcore addicts who’ve failed relapsed throughout the years. They must inject the heroin on site and may not take it with them. (Switzerland's Heroin Experiment)
    2.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Weed is not technically legal in the Netherlands. Rather, it is “tolerated.”
    3.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]“The legalization of any drug will not decrease the crime rate.”[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]How would she know this? Ending alcohol prohibition put many gangsters out of business. Why should current prohibition be any different? Even if we didn’t eliminate organized crime, legalization would still reduce its ability to finance itself. [/FONT]
    4.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]She states, “[FONT=&quot]However, marijuana is more likely [than beer] to be a gateway drug due to the fact that it is illegal.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If that’s true, then legalizing weed would make people less likely to try harder drugs.[/FONT]
    5.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]“[FONT=&quot]These restrictions will always establish an illegal demand and yet another illegal market.[/FONT]

SO WHAT? This is true for booze and tobacco, but at least the market for these legal drugs is easier for the government to manage.
    6.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]She then cites the problem of “drug tourism”. Had we required U.S. ids for purchasing weed and citizenship requirements, this wouldn’t be a major problem.
    7.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Organized crime, including illegal drug trafficking, has persisted in the Netherlands despite the Dutch government’s relaxed attitude toward drugs. Why should we expect a different effect here?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]She conflates the trafficking of drugs illegal to the Netherlands (e.g., cocaine, ecstasy) with the trafficking of marijuana. [/FONT]
    8.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Once the government legalizes something, there can be no take backs.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]How would she know this? Even if this is true, is her statement necessarily an argument against legalization? If legalization had mostly positive effects on society, then it shouldn’t matter whether we can reverse it. [/FONT]
    9.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]If alcohol is worse than weed and people will drink and smoke weed anyways, why not tax alcohol and legalize weed? True, people would still harm their health, but at least, as Graves herself implies, there would be less over all harm in society.
    10.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]“It is amazing to me how we are even considering legalizing something so clearly detrimental to society when we need everyone working and putting out 100% for their families in this time of recession.” [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Two points. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]First, legalizing weed would help the economy by creating new jobs and investment opportunities. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Second, why is it any of her business what other people choose to put in their own bodies? She doesn’t have the right to say what I can eat, no matter how much harm our diets cause to the healthcare system. Why should my drug of choice be any different? I’m offended that busybodies like her grant themselves the right to micromanage my and everyone else’s life. What did I ever do to her? Why can’t she just leave people alone?[/FONT]

2. yea thats some bullshit man

3. you could have saved yourself all that typing by simply telling her they have already legalized drugs on the southside of her big ass forehead

4. lol!!!

5. I'd bone her especially since she lives in the same state :D

6. hahahaha

7. "Once the government legalizes something, there can be no take backs."
    lmfao no take backs. what a great article

8. Lol! Are we playing tag or legalizing weed? haha

9. Comment on it, i did. Slander the shit out of her.

10. Im finding more humor in her lack of style and skill. Very unoriginal and easily lacking in investigative reporting. Must be new.

Also lol on updated 4/20

11. Give her an apologetic cake that you made yourself laced with "love". na im just kiddn thats fucked. but seriously you should make an article about the ignorance that the u.s. has spread all over the world regarding weed.

12. [FONT=&quot]How would she know this? Ending alcohol prohibition put many gangsters out of business.

SO what if they legalize marijuana,they'll just start selling coke,meth,pcp...
    and fill the streets with more harmful drugs fro communities.

Dont legalize marijuana,yeah i dont give a fuck what you think.

13. "Morals are what set the United States of America apart from governments of countries such as China, South Korea, Cuba, Iran, Sudan and many others. Allowing such a disregard for morals will be the downfall of our nation." Really, Morals is what the USA is known for? GTFO with that shit.

14. Just wanted to add a quick thing to the poster who said bake her a pot cake. Don't do it.

My friend goes to a school, and some dude brought a cake with an ounce in it, and gave it to people saying it was regular cake. Well he has 7 felonies now. You can probably find it on the news recently in Arizona news sites.

Just a warning to not do that shit:wave:

15. LOL at whoever compared Phelps vs Woods Phelps also bangs hookers and tells them he's going to take them on a date to a fancy restaurant, Only to end up at taco bell.

16. Which is why all drugs must be legal.

17. 1,2 and 4 are correct. The rest is bullshit. I can't be bothered to write a longer reply than that right now, but yeah.:laughing:

18. As a woman I'm a bit offended by your use of the words bitch and cunt. As an advocate for marijuana I feel your arguments are solid, but, please be respectfull there are women who are members of this forum and the use of such derogatory terms it only serves to demean women and gives amuunition to those that oppose legalization.
    It might have been more constructive to comment on the article with strong arguments of your own. I did noticed there weren't any comments posted to her article. That might be a good starting point for you to counter her opinion and perhaps maybe you could write your own article with the good arguments you presented here. Peace:love: