Dull glass on glass, HELP

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by 89Gilbert, Jan 10, 2012.

1. so the other day i took out my RooR stem that ive been using happily for the last three years
    i stuck my fingers in the top hole to dry the water out and realized that its pretty dull, like almost smooth.
    this was from my first bong and means alot to me.
    is thier any way to refurbish the fittings?

2. Look up glass joint wax. Theres a few companys selling it now

3. This is just a idea but if you have access to a sand blaster just tape off the parts you want to stay clear and go for it. I like to use a hot glue gun to block off the detailed spots.
    Another idea, if you don't have a sand blaster you can buy chemical that you put on where you want the effect you can get it from a art store. Just some ideas to do it yourself, good luck

4. it's no big deal. if it still forms an airtight seal who care's right?

5. I just felt my brand new Roor and it feels pretty smooth. So you're worrying about nothing ;)

6. good ideas about the DIY's thx for tht
    already knew about joint wax jus dont have a credit card

7. I've heard Vaseline helps protect against wear and glass lock, never tried it though. I've looked at the joint wax before and it sound like you have to be really careful when disconnecting, you have to make sure you twist it otherwise it will stick and you could break something. Anyone willing to share experiences with joint wax?

8. Joint wax man. I heard that shit works miracles