Dui

Discussion in 'General' started by LegitBaller, Dec 21, 2006.

1. what would happen to a first time offender? im 19 almost 20 and i blew a .06, got caught with 3 grams, and got a ticket for improper lane usage...im just wondering how i go about handling this cause i use to be the one who was crackin jokes about my buddies who got dui's but now im in the same boat
    im just wondering what im lookin at in the future here, im in IL if that helps any, im trying to do as much research on the topic as possible and what are the looopholes here? if any? and geting a lawyer would help right?...fuck, wasnt even drunk and i got rolled cause i was maxing wendys...anyways any comment/info is apreciated

2. Hmm...I coulda sworn it was .08 that was the legal limit to drive . Oh wait your not 21, that could explain it.

Id expect to go on probation at least 6 months. Most likely loose liceanse, maybe not.

3. When I was 20 (last november) I blew a .09, I was initially charged with a DWI, but after getting a lawyer he got it down to a DWAI, which is Driving While Ability Impaired, which is what a .06 would be if you were in NY and under 21. I lost my license for a year, had to pay a shitload of fees (which I'm still paying back), and had to take a gay ass DDP (drinking and driving program) which cost a shitload of money as well.

All in all it was a shitty situation, and if I had been over 21 I would have gotten my license back after 6 weeks and I wouldn't have had to pay so much goddamn money.

I don't know what state you were in, I'm from NY. I'm pretty sure it differs on a state to state basis.

4. you will probably get charged with attempted assault with a deadly weapon for swerving in a car, and charged with intrastate/interstate (I can't remember which one is the right one for this situation) drug trafficing since you had "dope" in the car...all this assuming you were pulled over by Officer John L--- in Willow Springs? or maybe the judge will just stamp "PWNED" on your forehead in big red letters? haha ok I'm done I'm sure all will be cool and buried once the punishment passes.

gaf boy

5. 6 months to a year of probation
    license suspended for 180 days(you can still drive to work tho)
    about a 1000$ in fines and court costs
    community service

and some other shit i cant remember, a friend of mine got a DUI a couple months ago

6. It varies from state to state. I'm on my second DWAI and I only got my license suspended for 6 months pending my completion of an "addiction recovery" program, plus a 500 dollar fine.

I got relaly lucky, but I didn't get any probation or community service and it was a second offense within 2 years.

7. This is from almost a year ago.

8. What the hell.... he's probly done with his punishments by now...

9. fucking sucks, hes from illinois like me, the law has absolutely NO sympathy on drunk drivers.

10. Legit's still around here n there so im sure hes straight.

Like i said this was from ALMOST A YEAR AGO.

11. Yea, my first post was back when I only had 1 dui

12. i got a a diu(or 2... ;) ) in jan...

i was 20 when they happened....

blew a .02 and a .04..

second time a had a gram of trees in my pocket(a lot more in the stash which they didnt find)

i spend some $$ got a good laywer, got the possesion charge dropped still got charged with 2 underages+2 duis...

about a week in jail for me and a year+ liscense suspension.

if you get ARD and take it it will cost you bout 2 stacks but it gets removed from your record and you'll get your liscense back in a few months....they denied me ard those bastards..

hope this helps

13. damn how did this come up?
    i ended spendin a buck or 2 n got the dui charge dropped, so it all worked out in the end.:cool:

14. your lucky

15. haha that's my bad I just searched for his threads posted in this one.

I haven't been here in MOOONTHS so I'm a little behind.

16. well at least we all got to see how it worked out. Even though it was a year later :D.