DUI Question

Discussion in 'General' started by dougie3, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Now I have never driven drunk, nor do I plan to (for safety reasons to others). However if someone got puller over while driving, and the cops thot they may be drunk, do they automatically breathalyze the person? Or is there a certain procedure they must follow before they breathalyze?

2. They have to have probable cause in order to give you a breathalyzer. If they smell it on you, see your eyes are glassy, sluring in your speech and/or traffic violations typical of a drunk driver = probable cause. But they would first give you a few tests like the dreaded "walk of shame." Or reciting the ABCs. Or whatever bullshit.

However, I dont know if this applies to you, but here in the state of Florida, you dont have to take a breathalyzer...but if you say your not taking it then its an automatic suspension of your license for 1 year; but the great thing is you will never recieve any charge of a DUI on your record. Or probation.. or court fees and PO fees. Just gotta sit it out for one year.

3. in ohio you can refuse one untill your lawyer gets there, which you have 48 hours..... so by that time youll be sober

4. in Nevada when you sign to get your drivers license you are also signing a waiver saying that you can be breathilized at anytime you're pulled over. No probable cause needed.

.08%BAC or lower