dude some people are fucking dumbasses

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by pencil651, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Exactly. You guys can sit here all day and criticize what I should've done, but unless you've been in a situation like that before, you probably would have done the exact same thing. I knew what I should've done, but I was too nervous to get my head straight.

What I really should've done, was denied that I was even there. They had no proof, unless someone had already talked, but even so, that person could have easily been lying.

I don't know about you guys, but I really don't like paying $1000 + worth of damages for something that I didn't do. I never told them who did it, just said it wasn't me.

2. Isn't this "Not complying with a police officer" or some fancy term that's definition is that?

3. Not as far as I know. I forget the exact term, but I know that it's a crime if, say, you commited murder, and you intentionally mislead the police by saying "Yeah, I saw John Doe running away from the place covered in blood"

In any case they would have to have conclusive proof that you knew something in order to convict you of withholding information like that. You could always just say "I don't know," and they have to prove somehow that you do know.

Either way, all the cop wants is the information. The problem he faces is that the information is safe and sound inside your head, unless you let them out. That means that without you, he's got nothin'.

4. haha you shoulda taken the 5th and said you wish you could help but anything you say may incriminate yourself.....just to be an asshole

5. I've been in a few situations where I was questioned by the cops. The first time I straight up lied right to the cops face like no I wasn't even there I was at so and sos houseand they were just like ok thanks for your help. Being arrested isn't that bad bro it's those courts that will fuck you over. We all make mistakes so just learn from this and move on.

tbh, unless there was a rape or a murder or something cases like these usually fall through the cracks and you never hear about them again. I guess it all depends where you live cuz here there's a lot bigger things than some kids trashing a hotel like drugs, murders, etc.

6. Three words : The Fifth Amendment. They haven't taken the right against self-incrimination away from students yet. :(

7. You had all the power right there. I would have tried to get that little piggie confused, chasing his own tail. ha.

8. "...are you positive you didnt have sex?!?!" lol, what a silly piggie. they try to be threatening with that but its like "dude.. i told you no already..." its cool you didnt spill, of course, but i hope none of your friends did either. i always get worried that my story is the one that doesnt match.

9. Stop Snitchin

10. You made a bad decision.... you didn't have to tell him shit. He asks you if you were drinking, you say no not at all. He asks you who else was there, tell him you don't want to say because you don't want to get your ass kicked. End of conversation. Refuse to give him names... there is nothing he can do. Or even if you did want to just get him off your back, make up a few random names "John, Bill, Mark, etc". Say you hardly knew anyone there. He has no evidence to prove that you were drinking or that anyone else was unless the cops gave someone a breathalyzer that night. What you did was turn yourself in... the only proof he has is that you personally told him.

11. for real who fucks up a hotel room? thats what will incrimminate yourself...I always clean up everything before I head out that room..weed/beer/anything that would say "theres been illegal activity here"

12. Are you 18? If not, the cops could not have questioned you without your parents there, I believe.

13. #1 rule is never tell authorities shit cause half the time there making it up as they go along trying to get you to admit to anything they can

and, who paid for the room?

14. why isnt it an official unspoken rule or something like that to jsut not talk to cops?

15. it's generally illegal to lie to cops, you should have just said you would say nothing until your lawyer was present.

Thats how they got martha stewart, they couldn't prove the insider trading, but she lied to a federal marshal when he showed up at her door

16. deny, deny, deny.

"never underestimate the power of denial" thats a quote from American Beauty. A very good quote to keep in mind when big brother is trying to talk to you.

both times the school cops tried to get me to talk about shit they got hella heated when I wouldnt tell them anything when they knew I had info haha