Dude, BP is completey FUCKED!

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Senior PoopiePants, May 28, 2010.

1. i just read through this entire thread, i don't watch the news a lot here. i knew it was spilling but i had no idea of the extent of its devastation to be honest a few days after i heard it was spilling i just assumed they had fixed it. i just saw some pictures online and thats really depressing, in a perfect world every unemployed person in america would be employed by bp to help clean up i hope a volunteer campaign gets started

2. No laughing going on here dude. There is the very good possibility of the oil hitting Newfoundland. Besides that, I wouldn't be laughing anyway, this is terrible event.

3. US regulations say they have to also, they got a "waver" from the regulators saying they didn't have to have a relief well dug.

The problem wasn't in the rules it is/was that so many that are suppose to be regulating are just co-workers of people in the oil industry. Just like in the banking system and damn near every other industry that makes more than 50 million a year in profits.

4. #124 findme, Jun 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2010
    hmm..

same here! I didn't think it was THAT bad until I saw the pics.

newfoundland!?!?! jeez. wtf is bp doing!

I remember hearing on the tv that they said bp will take at least 2 more months to drill a relief well.

I'm sure after its all said and done, we should have more nuclear energy plants opening as opposed to oil because people will be like " omg, stop the drilling of oil, we want nuclear energy instead".

5. Here, let me see if I can sum up an answer for you in two tiny, little words...

Political Donations.

Needless to say, this is going to be one hell of a dance between these two, but the bottom line is the Government isn't going to bite the hand that feeds them very hard.

Does that mean the taxpayers ultimately get fucked over this? You bet.

After a trillion dollar bailout at the taxpayers expense, should you really be that surprised? Fuck no.

Dunno about the rest of you, but I'm done with all of these cocksuckers. It's one failure after another, and I hope every damn election from here on sounds like a toilet bowl flushing, and until we get the right people in there, we should keep flushing.

6. Just a few things I'd like to say. Most people must not realize the scope of the situation. Too many people are just " fuck the government and bp". There are hundreds of people working on this situation right now, night and day. PLEASE do some research of your own. I do not claim to know a lot, but you guys are forgetting this is DEEP WATER. People don't go swimming down there, the pressure is immense. The president has made it crystal clear, BP is the one with the technology for this operation. It would make sense since I don't think they go drilling for oil themselves. I'm sorry but your common sense idea's are far from breakthroughs. I just heard one of these from an uncle the other day, but again most people don't know the whole situation. I'm pretty sure they want to get the situation fixed asap for themselves, the world, you get the idea.

As for being mad at America for our oil usage. It takes time to develop technologies. Yes, sometime in the future I hope our oil usage is far below what it is now. For now, technology is progressing rather fast and greener tech's are coming. Hindsight is 20/20 guys. If we could all see the future maybe there wouldn't be any accidents. Even if inspections, protocols, bla bla bla, were followed, accidents still happen in life.

7. give me a nuclear engine for my motorcycle/car that won't blow up and we have a deal :hello:

8. Nothing effective. Neither is the government.

True, permitting hurricane season doesn't stop the process. Should be done in August, at the earliest. Scientists predict this year will be the worst year for hurricanes. Oil all over the inland coast. Sucks for LA. Been going through so much in these years. People are still recovering from Katrina.

Meh. Until the nuclear plants are modernized, and standardized (as in all the same, brain fart is preventing right word?) the process of building plants would take too long and investors aren't going to invest when they won't make a profit in their life times.

US needs to learn from the French. We built a fucking facility in Nevada, fucking use it!

9. #129 findme, Jun 4, 2010
    thats pretty easy to do imo... but I don't have the "know how" to do it but its easy if you worked at a nuclear facility and know that stuff///

I believe all you have to do is create what they do in nuclear plants and convert it to energy to be used in a car.

How to keep it from blowing up? well... nuclear reactors don't blow up, they melt down. The likelyhood of one melting down is about 1 in 10 million... then when it melts down, the reactor has safety features that will contain the radiation so it doesn't harm anyone. thats why when the reactor melt down happened at 3 mile island, no one was irradiated.

Now, lets not forget about the obvious facts of driving, you never know when you will get into a car crash but it could happen, it could never happen but just in case you were to get into a car crash with a nuclear engine in your car, it would not immediately melt down. As one guy said here, those enclosures ( that would protect the nuclear engine) have the strength to survive a plane crash ( probably stronger than that just because people are scared of uranium and stuff that can fuck up your insides and rightfully so) ie, the black box. they have a few more safety features located here in detail... Safety of Nuclear Reactors

but in conclusion, We have the technology to make an nuclear engine, its just that its politically incorrect to do so.... not that I care about what is politically incorrect :). I vape weed lol.

don't you guys have free health care?

also, I heard something about you guys go to college for free.. is that true? or is that another country?

Technology is already here. The problem is the government and people are too ignorant to accept change... and to start the change we must educate ... but wait, how can we educate when America is known for their lack of education in school systems...

10. [​IMG]

What beaches are being hit with oil at this stage?

11. it is year 20 fucking 10 and we are still dependant on fucking oil? we are either stupid, or being manipulated since oil has the same concept as gold and can lead to power. fucking retarded, anyone remember that movie fight club when they c4'd the credit card buildings? id like to see that happen to exxon bp haliburton, all those rich fuckers deserve to take down. first iraq, now our coast is about to get a nice coat of shit. when are we gonna wake up and realize oil is causing such a problem and renewable energy aint that fucking hard to do.../stoned rant

12. You hit the nail on the head, with hydro, solar, wind, geothermal and biofuels we could easily cut our oil use by 2 thirds and then eventually get off it completely but big oil companys don't care about anything but profit so we'll probably suck the world dry before moving onto some other type of power.

13. Yep, because of the huge initial capital investment required oil exploration and drilling results in the further centralisation of power.

We rely so heavily on the black gold now that we are subservient to about 50 odd company executives around the world.

14. #134 MonkeyUndead, Jun 4, 2010

Grand Terre Island, LA

http://birding.typepad.com/gulf/

I guess this guy has a blog about the wildlife down there and he's been covering it.

15. #135 tokinITguy, Jun 4, 2010
    You bring some good points, but the real issue here is trust. This would be a LOT different if it were dealing with a company who is not lying through their teeth. I don't believe one fucking word of what BP is "reporting" about any of this.

There are fisherman out there who offered up their services as contractors and use their own boats to help, but we're ALL forced to sign a document that said they would not talk to ANYONE about what they see or work on out there. FYI, their boats are now practically ruined floating around in oil all day long, and not one of them has even seen a paycheck yet.

The disbursement "juice" they pumped into the ocean did nothing more than scatter the oil, making it FAR harder to really establish just how much oil has leaked and therefore just how much they are responsible for. Estimates from what we've been ALLOWED to see so far put it between 12,000 barrels and 70,000 barrels leaking PER DAY. That's a HUGE discrepancy there, and BP is trying to cover it up as much as possible because they're ultimately financially responsible down to the barrel count.

Regardless of how hard this effort is, it's not hard to see that BP is lying and trying to cover their ass.

16. pretty much this. I remember hearing on the news about that "12,000 - 70,000 barrels per day". I was like wtf, that's a very huge discrepancy. I'm sure if they were counting barrels for profits, they would have known the exact number.

17. uh....that's what I said :confused:

18. forgive me. i was high.

if you find one of those nuclear engines, you will be a rich/dangerous man.

19. It's got nothin to do with finding anything, and everything to do with breaking the oil dependency. You aren't going to just stop the use of any and all internal combustion engines, you might as well try to get people to stop breathing or drinking water. I'm not going to be making or finding anything, that's what engineers are for. My point is, I don't give half a shit where the energy comes from, as long as it actually replaces the ICE with something worthwhile (equal or better HP, torque, fuel efficiency, isn't dangerous). Until then, I <3 my dinosaur burning engines and they'll be taken...

FROM MY COLD, DEAD HANDS!!!!
    [​IMG]

20. pretty solid. I have my 81 firebird and I love it :).