Duct tape

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by loudpak46, Sep 22, 2012.

1. I built a pc grow box so I can keep it inside,it is pretty big so I am not worry about the size,but I got light fixture held up my 2 small pieces of duct tape.It is also held by screws but I put some duct tape just to make sure everything is stable,it looks pretty nice too.Just asking would having duct tape mess with anything.

Thanks

2. No it wouldn't mess with anything however I would not call that a "SAFE" setup as ducttape not only loses it stickyness once used and in open air but after a period of time it will pull over the screwheads causing whatever is held up to be dropped which could = a fire hazard. Buy some proper light holders you can get then on eBay dirt cheap

3. Even some wire to hold things like insurance. "in case sheit...." - on a side note. Duct tape doesn't keep light out. Aluminum tape does a better job. Anyone had any experience with the '100mph duct tape'. Maybe that'll hold better?

4. I'd like to add a word of caution about using wire, when I was growing in a PC case I used a power bar and the plug in light sockets and they had started to droop so I used wire to pull the lights tighter, and the wire slid and shorted out momentarily.. melted the wire but everything else was okay though.

Duct tape isn't a good solution for long term, but if it's all you have it will work as long as it doesn't wear out.