DuckyX's 2nd CFL Indoor Cabnet grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Duckyx, Sep 22, 2009.

1. hey guys. Im up and started on my 2nd indoor grow with CFLS. Hoping I get some awesome results and you you guys can help me along the way.

How Many?

4 to vegg with. 2 to flower.
    Im going to be LSTing these. ot get maximum quanity and quaility from them.

Cabnet

40in tall
    24in wide
    14in deep.
    Adjustable self.

Lights

6x 26w daylight cfls. vegging (need 1 more)
    6x 42w cfls, Flowering (need 2 more)

Soil

Basic potting soil. No extra unwanted furts, water cyrstals, times release. None of that.
    1 pot is a control. Planted a seed into some schultz soil, feeds up to 9 months. just as a control. I wont be adding extra nutes. Just water.

i need to get more soil. and some perlight for the bigger pots.

Seeds

Bag seed from some mids.

Pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. The fan on the left, is that from walmart? Its like a 4inch right? Do you know the output on that fan?

3. #3 Duckyx, Sep 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2009
    Yeah it is the one from walmart 4in. Dont know the output voltage, plugs into a wall. wattage. I think pretty low.. it does move the air really good inside the box. and in a good space. I modded that one to fit into that spot i cut out. took off the stand.
    Other one is a squirrel cage I guess. its just a big heavy duty computer fan type deal. I found in my basement.

[​IMG]

4. Think it has enough to push through a carbon scrubber?

5. Dust that fan off, brodude.

6. Put a green scrubbie thing for like washing dishes behind it and it will act as a dust filter

7. PIX update.

3 have sprouted. Its all i want to grow this year. im plaining on 1 or 2.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. im gonna be watching this thread a lot - i'm thinking about growing my own actually.

Hope it works out well for you man

9. #9 Duckyx, Oct 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2009
    Heres an update. Started a low dose of ferts.
    Started LST on one. Used a zip tie to hold it down.
    Looked very nice.
    Found some mylar ducttape at the home depot.
    I just covered the best i could until I need to move down. Ill add another strip.
    Added a nice good sized van to move them around. as cooling it and all.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. looks great bruh. lol zip ties ftw

11. Hey where'd you get the light sockets that plug directing into the power strip? Only ones I can find seems as though you have to wire them.

12. wiring them isnt hard, I'm guessing thats what OP did.

13. they are at walmart for like a dollar in the lighting section.

14. Did you have to wire them or were they ready to go?

15. Is there a guide to show how to wire them I've been looking but no luck. I have no eletrical background so was planning on staying away from wiring them if I could.

16. i didnt wire anything. Its 2 power strips and the light socket plug ins. thats it.

17. Subscribed. Good luck man.

18. usually it comes with a guide in the box (of the mounting thing). Go to the store and open up the box, just check if there is one or not. Or google "how to wire a lamp".

Theres 2 wires in every normal plug(North america), 1 white and 1 black. Doesn't really matter how you wire it since it's AC. get an extension cord (a thick one) and cut the end off one. It'll probably have a green wire in there for the ground. If your walls have the 3rd prong option, then use it; if not - fuck it.

Put the black and white wires to the light mount and then screw in bulbs. Plug it in and hope that you don't blow a breaker or die.

19. That made me laugh, Thank you :p

20. #20 Duckyx, Oct 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2009
    Update. tyed down another one with a zip tie. bent and pushed into dirt. Because Im going to have to transfer 2 into bigger pots when its time to flower. And thats in 1 month.

The problems you going to notice are because
    1. a little under watered.
    2. a little under fed.
    3. thats it.
    I work full time. and Its hard to keep an eye on them. I fed a few days ago with 1 1/2 tsp to a gallon of distilled water from wally world. Should Help.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]