Dual Purpose Pen Vape?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by lostmenoggin, Dec 11, 2013.

1. I'm new to vapes and I'm looking at putting together a pen vape mainly for E-Cig use so I can quit these damn cigarettes. Need something that won't leak, portable in my pocket, decent liquid capacity, easy to clean/refill, parts that aren't cheap/won't break etc.. I'd also like to be able to smoke dried MJ through it if I can make it happen. In my state it is hard to come by hash oils and whatnot so it has to be dried material. I was looking at the Atmos Raw and a couple others but I'm not sure what will work best for my uses. Any of you more experienced vape guys have any other suggestions on how to burn ECig liquid and dried MJ out of the same pen vape? Thanks for reading. 

2. Well, you can definitely "burn" your dry MJ in a pen, but what you can't do is vaporize dry MJ in a pen.

3. Atmos Raw:
    Plus:
    has a really nice design
    Great for oil
    You don't have to switch tanks between when you change between oil and herb.
    You can just press the button and inhale, no wait

Minus:
    Burns your Dry Herb instead of Vaporizing it.. But it's not as bad as putting a lighter to it.
    Personally I don't want to spend $200 for something that does not do it's job 100%.

Go to your local headshop, there's millions of nice working e-cigs. 
    For portable vapes for dry herb get I'd preferably get a MFLB, for portable vapes for oils get the Atmos RAW or Junior.

4. #4 lwien, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2013

Other great choices:
    Arizer Solo
    Lotus
    Ascent
    FireFly
    Pinnacle Pro
    Thermovape Cera
    Firewood
    Inhalater XB
    Hammer

Lots of choices that, in some ways, are a LOT better than the MFLB.

5. #5 ChiefOne, Dec 11, 2013
    Hi. I have the Atmos Raw which I got for $35 on eBay. It's a lithium ion battery which is great and it works for several things. Including my ecig ce4 atomizer. Haven't actually tried it out since I just use my ecigs battery but the Atmos is said to connect with several different attachments making it so great. As for the Atmos, I love it. Yea it's true that it's not a "genuine vape pen" but once you get the hang of it you can get vapor. It's an awesome pen that never fails to get my ripped. Uses a coil in a ceramic bowl and packing 2 hitters of club bud does wonders. Helps you conserve and gets you lit. I have indeed used it during a movie. Just got to be a little stealthy and isolated. Da black guy a few seats next to me was too busy banging his girl throughout the movie to notice anything. It's also amazing wit kief. Wouldn't pay 40>Also to add, I love having a rechargeable Ecig. It's truly a blessing. I'm not blowing money on the disposable ones and I've literally forgotten about cigarettes. The need isn't really apparent for me anymore, not to say I don't still enjoy em. But the rechargeable ecigs are so great because you can mix bomb ass flavors and also mod the atomizers to produce clouds larger than your wildest dreams

6. #6 lostmenoggin, Dec 11, 2013
    Thanks for the responses guys. After googling all night I think I'm going to build an ecig for the juice and get a portable vape for the herbs. I have used a MFLB before. A friend had it at a concert and it got me pretty lit. As far as the Atmos goes I think I'm going to pass. It seems like a glorified ecig and you can get a dry herb chamber for a 510 thread ecig battery that looks exactly like the Atmos for like 12 bucks. I'm really trying to reduce the amount of smoke I'm inhaling with these purchases and would prefer a "real" vaporizer. I think I've narrowed down my choices to either the Inhalator XP, Pinnacle Pro, Ascent or the MFLB. I've really got my eye on the Inhalator XP and the Pinnacle Pro. 

7. [quote name="lostmenoggin" post="19142774" timestamp="1386778127"]Thanks for the responses guys. After googling all night I think I'm going to build an ecig for the juice and get a portable vape for the herbs. I have used a MFLB before. A friend had it at a concert and it got me pretty lit. As far as the Atmos goes I think I'm going to pass. It seems like a glorified ecig and you can get a dry herb chamber for a 510 thread ecig battery that looks exactly like the Atmos for like 12 bucks. I think I've narrowed down my choices to either the Inhalator XP, Pinnacle Pro, Ascent or the MFLB. I've really got my eye on the Inhalator XP and the Pinnacle Pro. [/quote]I've heard terrible things about the inhalator, shit flavor as well as poor vapor production. I've never used one myself, just third party opinion. I use the shit out of my mflb, its great. Just get you some extra powerex batts. I've also heard great things about the cloud. Again, third party. Anyone have any first hand experience with the cloud?Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

8. Wait, you're actually recommending an MFLB over an Inhalator because you believe that the MFLB has better taste and better vapor production.   WTF?!?!?!

That's like recommending a Mini-Cooper over a Ferrari because it's faster.  LOL

9. #9 lostmenoggin, Dec 11, 2013
    One thing I did notice about the MFLB was after 3 of us were smoking on it pretty steady was that it tasted a little like wood, kind of like smoking out of a wooden pipe. It got me stoned and seemed to work well which is why it was on my list, albeit last.

10. [quote name="lwien" post="19142866" timestamp="1386779549"]Wait, you're actually recommending an MFLB over an Inhalator because you believe that the MFLB has better taste and better vapor production. WTF?!?!?!That's like recommending a Mini-Cooper over a Ferrari because it's faster. LOL[/quote]Hey man like I said the inhalator opinion is not my own as I haven't been able to use the device and form my own opinions. Just what I've heard. And now after realising my error, I'll share it with you. I thought the vape you were speaking of was the gimmick designed to look like an albuterol inhaler. I've since Googled the inhalator and realized we're talking about two different products. Disregard my comment on the inhalator but I still stand by my mflb and its <100$ can't beat that.Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

11. #11 lwien, Dec 11, 2013
    Really appreciate you pointing out your error.   

Sorry if I sounded kind of harsh, but there's just so much false information posted up here at GC that it's refreshing for someone to pony up and admit that they made a mistake rather than trying to defend it. 

Got to add another perspective on the MFLB though.   For me, it was the worst vape that I have ever used.    Lots of people swear by it though, but over at FC, in the post of "What was your best and what was your worst vaporizer purchases?", the MFLB had the lions share of votes as the worst vaporizer purchase.   But again, lots of people, such as yourself love it, so like everything else, ymmv.

Theres really not a huge market for vapes that can do oils and flowers.  Atmos raw would work, but you'd be combusting your flowers, not vaping them for the most part.

You can also get concentrate trays for the MFLB. Or do something like put oil in a cotton ball in a herbal vaporizer (have done this with the Arizer solo, it works well).

3rd option I'd suggest is the Grasshopper Vape:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/grasshopper-vaporizer?c=activity

It's not out yet, but you can preorder in the next 4 days (after that it goes off sale) and it is SUPPOSED to work for oils and herbs.  No testers have been out, but I preordered 1 and believe it will be good :)

13. Grasshopper is neat but I'm still eye banging the Pinnacle Pro and the Inhalator XP. Also the T-Vape seems pretty decent.. I need more than a one hitter. Been smokin all day every day for 15 years lol.

14. [quote name="lwien" post="19143243" timestamp="1386785172"]Really appreciate you pointing out your error. Sorry if I sounded kind of harsh, but there's just so much false information posted up here at GC that it's refreshing for someone to pony up and admit that they made a mistake rather than trying to defend it. Got to add another perspective on the MFLB though. For me, it was the worst vape that I have ever used. Lots of people swear by it though, but over at FC, in the post of "What was your best and what was your worst vaporizer purchases?", the MFLB had the lions share of votes as the worst vaporizer purchase. But again, lots of people, such as yourself love it, so like everything else, ymmv.[/quote]The world would be a better place if we could all admit to our mistakes. The mflb may not be the best of the best but I like it lol. Not to derail this thread, but do you have an opinion on the vaporstar?Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

15. why has no one said arizer solo. it has to be hands down best bang for your buck when it comes to portables id say $130. not the stealthiest but can produce clouds and gets you "lit". haha. if you want to use it with oils, concentrates or whatever all you do is melt it in some cotton, or swab some on a rolly and roll it into a ball then sandwhich it inbetween some herb or abv or just sandwhich it in the herb by itself. anyway works. FC has litter 800 almost 900 pages of people talking about this vape. tons of different stems to make it more stealthy and what not. cant go wrong

16. I'd go with the Pinnacle pro for sure. It has 5 heat levels, can vape herb and concentrates, produces good clouds, and you can get the bad ass water tool attachment.