Dual Action Carbon Filter? (Pic/diagram inside!)

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by DigitalDwarf, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Hello All,

This is an idea I came up with today out of pure boredom. The design utilizes two carbon scrubbers so that the air from the grow room is in contact with the carbon longer before exiting the system. This is going to be a cheap project, with DIY scrubbers and axial fans (133 cfm per fan for $13/fan). Do you forsee any problems?

Attached Files:

2. sounds good, the only thing i would have to say is on the second scrubber you would have to build an air tight box around it so the air would actually go thru the carbon

what would be eaisier would be to just leave one filter in your room just circulating air, and the other to vent exaust

3. ^ Agreed. Simple and effective.

4. Would this change the pressure in the room? i.e. making it smell worse?

5. no, the filter in the room just circulating the air the same an oscilating fan, it just circulates the air, it just filters the air b4 you you exaust and then the exaust filters it again

6. [​IMG]

Ok so here in my extra crude drawing, in the left upper corner, the scrubber is just sitting there, lets say, pre-filtering the air. In return the room vent filter has less work to do. Like having one of this plug in air fresheners, just this is a carbon scrubber haha.

7. ^^^^^ my plants look like crap haha :D

8. I think you might have some nute burn....your plants have no leaves left! :eek: