DT's soil CFL grow @ 1 month (+random pics)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by designatedtoker, May 2, 2006.

1. fa sho, and why wait a year? ;)

2. bud looks good man congrats

3. hey, good journal man, glad to see you're growing despite from what I read earlier about your gf asking you to cut back to weekend toking . . .

I have two plants under a 150 watt hps myself. really small amount of space, so I'm LSTing and so forth. I've got five potential budsites in addition to whatever will come off of the top, but I'm gonna wait two more weeks before I flower to really bush it out (that'll make it 6 weeks old before induced flowering).

Anywho, 10 grams is definately not bad for a first grow with just one plant, I'd be happy getting that much.

Congrats, and yeh, don't wait a year man, just start a few more seeds. How did that cutting turn out, btw?

4. really nice job man
    10 grams for your first try in a limited area is pretty good
    congratulations.

5. Remember, quality > quantity. I guarantee those 10 gras will be the best dank you've smoked up to this point.

Look forward to seeing your next grow.

6. hell yea man, it was fa sho the best bud i have ever smoked in my life, tasted like sucess :)

oh and infinite, i took 2 cuttings and they arent turningh out too good, next week they will be at week 2 so we'll see whats up, but there is a lot of yellowing. so i dunno =\

7. That's what I'm hoping for with my 150 watt hps grow.

Anywho, sorry to hear that the cuttings didn't take so well. How many nodes high were they when you took the cutting?

8. i take cuttings sucessfully that are less than an inch most of the time.... i just got done rooting a group of 11 and 10 rooted using just rockwool starters, a razor, some cheap root one i stole from kmart years ago and a spray bottle. i used a 18" 20w light on top of a propogation tray and lid set from the hydro shop that cost me $5 for that total, the rockwool was 10 for 98 cubes, the light, razor, and spray bottle i found around the house.

9. i would use rockwool, but i dont know where to find it around delaware, there are no grow shops anywhere. and i dont do CC's

10. You don't need rockwool to clone mang. You can use soil:

http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?p=982427&posted=1#post982427post982427

I've also heard you can clone in a 50/50 mix of pearlite/vermiculite.

All you really need is some form of rooting solution, gel, or powder, and a female plant with a few internodes to spare.

11. not bad but you harvested way less then i expected :( hpe you get a better yield next time

12. yet it was the best 10 grams ive smoke in my entire life. :)

13. rockwool isnt necessary i was just saying what medium i use. i used to have success with soil too

14. i know, but i would like to use it, only cant get my hands on it, i know you can clone in soil, thats what i had been doing :p

15. hey first off nice harvest:hello::cool::D those nugs look pretty dank~tastic. did they smell up your groww room at all. secondly how did you wait 8 weeks. now that my plant is on 12/12 these last 4 days seemed like a year. i dont know if i have the patence.:(

16. You harvested it 2 weeks later!! If you had wait 1 month and a half like you stated you probably harvested 3/4 oz. :smoking: :smoking:

17. yeh designatedtoker, I just noticed that too . . . prophecy's probably right, you should have waited a bit longer. I was wondering why your buds didn't look very dense when they were flowered under an hps . . . but it was just 70 watts, so I don't know. plus the potency probably wasn't as high as it could have been . . . hmmmm.

18. Looking really good man! your plant seems about the same size as my biggest one :)

P.S your girlfriend is hott

edit: oops i shoulda read more than the first page lol :p