Drying

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Malikswann20, Oct 3, 2022.

1. Today is 3rd day of drying is it OK that my buds crispy my temp is is 65 67 and humidity 60 66 they still feel moist tho and how many really put a 10 to 14 day dry as recommended and might as well squeeze in Paper of the day which goes to zig zag papers these are king size but you need the zip zag roller to match paper size IMG_20221002_173300_422.jpg IMG_20221002_173300_549.jpg IMG_20221002_173300_588.jpg 20220929_071648.jpg

Sent from my SM-A025U1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. Do branches snap ? If so prolly ready imo

• Like Like x 1
  3. Not yet

Sent from my SM-A025U1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  4. Id wait if they still spongy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. i'd trim them up and "sweat" them..

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stems snapping is to dry and that needs to be removed from general drying lore.

777 is considered the ideal dry conditions. 70 degrees, 70 % humidity for 7 days.

A lot depends on your local humidity. If your not drying at 70% humidity extra steps are needed to stay in range as the dry is the most critical step. Blow the dry and no cure can happen.

I only take down off the plant what I can trim up in 10 minutes as longer then that and it wilts and makes trimming that much harder.
    [​IMG]
    A jar of denatured Alcohol to dip and clean the scissors in keeps them from gumming up.
    [​IMG]

Hang until the smallest popcorn buds firm back up. In my local low 12 % humidity this can happen in just hours or a single day.

[​IMG]

Strip all the buds from the major branches, Cut into thumb sized nugs and bag them.
    A pair of grape scissors works best for this.

[​IMG]

Stack bags in new clean closed trashcan overnight.

Set back out during the day. They'll spend less time out and exposed as the days progress. Stir the bag contents a few times a day.

This slows the dry and made all the difference in how my end product started to come out. Soft and squishy = needs more time exposed. Stiff and almost crunchy = Needs more can time. At the end of 7 to 10 days you want to be at 65-62% when the can is first opened in the morning as that is your best read. I suspended a humidity gauge at the top of the can.
    [​IMG]

At that point it is perfectly dried and can be placed in jars with no pesky burping needed.

[​IMG]

Half gallon mason jars with a 60 gram size 62% Boveda humidity pack for insurance and a 60 day cure will give you as good as it gets.
    [​IMG]
    This works in low humidity zones and will get you a can of mold in Florida hurricane season. :)

Think of drying Cannabis like cooking a Steak. You only get one chance and you want medium rare not well done. Dry to fast it smells like lawn clippings. Dry to deep it smokes like inhaling live flame.

Below 55 % all biological activity stops and no cure can happen. He's Dead, Jim !!.
    [​IMG]

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  7. I like to go into paper bags after 3 to 4 days for another few days. After about 7 days from chop they go into jars with a hygrometer to assess humidity