Drying ??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Temporarilycoldturkey, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Hey all I e read that the basic guideline for drying 70f/70% humidity/for 7 days. Here’s what my dry room is at. It floats at between 65-70f and 60-65% humidity, should I take a day or two dry time off to accommodate it being a little drier? IMG_5142.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. your within the parameters just keep an eye on them

• Like Like x 1
  3. Looks good I would just keep an eye on them like we do every dry and jar em up when ready, burp as needed. Helps if you have a little rh meter toss in the jar, open lid if it gets above 65%, close when it's back around 60-62

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. I used to dry at 70/55 and it comes out good but a few years back I tried the jungle boys drying parameters 60/60 10-14 days. It was rather difficult and expensive to get the temp to 60% and keep the humidity at 60% and If it didn’t make a huge difference I wasn’t going to do it again but I’ve never switched back the best dry you can possibly get hands down.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Well I’m rather close to that. Could probably just shit the central air vent and temp would be right around 60 and the humidity is floating just a little above that so.... Thanks! I’ll give it a shot.

• Like Like x 1
  6. As you posted, it's a basic guideline. You've got it dialed in, do a test smoke at 7 days and see what you think. Bet you go a bit longer.

• Like Like x 2
  7. If the stems have a "nice snap" sound when bending, then it's time to jar

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks all. The rain stopped her so temps went up and got more dry. Temp and humid got to 78f/40% yesterday so I covered the central air duct to keep it cooler and more humid, plus I turned the humidifier up a notch - it’s at 63f/57% now, so that’s a better range. I’m drying the whole plant and didn’t trim it and it just entered day 3 of dry so I am hoping that one day of low humidity won’t have too much of an impact on her flavor and taste.