Drying your harvest..

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BeefyGrower, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Ok I'm in the process of drying my harvest right now. I've read a lot about just waiting until you can snap the branches. Then they're ready for jars. The reason for this thread is, are there any other methods people us to know when it's done drying?

2. Sweating them

3. ............bump

4. Just go with the stem snap method. Just look at it and break a nug in half. It doesn't have to be perfect. If it looks and feels right then throw em in the jar.

5. Ok cool thanks

Whoops double post

6. Ah yes the proper cure. Doing this right now myself. First off I believe this step is just as important as the growing process itself. The worst thing you can do is put wet meds in a jar and many beginners do this over and over until experience takes over. This is what I do. Humidity should be at or close to 50%. I do a pretty complete manicure at the time I harvest and then hang them in a dark room with air gently circulating around. After about a week I will do another maincure and cut from the stems, then move into grocery sacks filling to the first fold. Certainly bend the stems and listen (feel) for a snap, if the stem just bends and not snap, go back to hanging. What I am really looking for is a crispy/spongy feeling on the buds. When you first put in sacks they obviously should be crispy and after some time you will notice the buds rehydrate themselves and become spongy. Open and close the sack until the spongy doesn't come back two days and that's when they are ready to move into jars. You can extend this by also putting the sacks into turkey bags to hold in more moisture and supposedly giving a longer better cure. Then burp the jars every few hours and make sure your buds are not re hydrating themselves as you have put wet pot in a jar. Over time burping is needed less and less. I will still burp at least once a week just to check and make sure all is well. I like to do taste tests as well because the flavor and aroma changes during a proper cure. My cures are at least 3 weeks and longer if I can stay out of it long enough.

7. Thank you for all the information!! :)