Drying with fan/carbon setup on/off

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by weedman88, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Hey there,

When I chopped the plant and want to start drying I had my carbon and fan combo still running exhaust line out of the 4x4 tent. Since drying will start now ill need humidity at 50% while my room is currently 30%. Question is do you continue use fan combo still pulling air out tent or just run exhaust into tent . Any tips please.

2. Bump. I also am wondering about this because of smell I am hoping to run carbon filter fan combo while drying in tent.

3. I keep my oscillating fan and extraction running - No intake.

4. I find it better to dry with the filter off. For me at least I live in a really dry environment where humidity sits in the low 30s. Keeping minimal airflow as needed without causing mold is the key. Really helps slow down process. Think of drying as the “pre-cure”. Curing is basically drying on a much smaller scale. That being said if you are worried about smell turn the carbon filter on for a little while everyday to flush out the old air. I just open my tent for a bit instead

5. Awesome man I appreciate the advice mine still in veg but I will be doing a lot of investigation when I get to that point. And I am wondering why do you have to dry it before curing. If you cracked the jar more often wouldn't it dry out?

6. I use a humidifier and dehumidifier to keep it at 60-65% with a small fan pointed away from the buds pitch black and extraction running. Hang for 2-3 weeks and it come out lovely

Note the humidity i have drying at can cause bud rot not had it myself but it can but then so can 30% but really dense thick buds i prevent it as much but filtering the air with 2 hepa filter on the intake and use ro water in my humidifier and yse 2 air filters outside the tent and an ionizer

7. Great info thanks and congratulations on the vault contest.