Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Drying weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by gabe8812, Sep 22, 2011.

1. So I copped an 1/8th from my friend, she grew it so I received it still kinda wet. I got it for a trip, so I'm staying in a hotel room..

any tips on finishing the drying process? and also, how will I know for sure when it's dry? I left it in the sun for now, hopefully the heat won't smell up the room...

also, is it okay to smoke wet weed? Will you not get quite as high?

Thanks guys! :)

2. dont smoke the wet weed.

put it in the microwave...

3. sun+weed= bad

keep it cool,dark and in a ventilated space

4. my friend was drying it by leaving it in the sun...she grew it outdoors, does that make a difference?

5. Do not smoke your weed if it isn't properly dried. It wont be as pleasant. I'd recommend hanging the bud up by your window (if you don't care that is) or putting a fan VERY LIGHTLY on it. There's another process that involves storing it in jars, but I do not know if you have jars available.

6. I have a glass jar, but I'm worried the moisture will stay in the jar, and that tends to make it smell funny in my jar..

7. Well, you don't leave them in the CLOSED jar all the time, you leave it closed for a while, then leave it open for a while, and that continues until you have the dryness you desire.

8. how long do you think that will take? so do you think I should leave it in in the jar my chill hotel room, or leave it outside in the sun to dry..?

9. to dry it properly will take weeks. If you've got a day, shredded paper in a paper bag (like drying out your shoes) or just get two crackers, some peanut butter.....

10. If you have the jar, do NOT leave it outside. It could easily bake the contents. Last time I had wet bud, I put it in my jar for 12 hour intervals. If I saw any liquid on the inside, I'd open it for a few hours, then close it again till the next day.

11. I should also add, check up on it a lot if possible. If you forget it and it's closed, it could easily start to mold with the added moisture-rich environment.

12. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

here I took pictures, idk if that helps. I've kept it in my jar for a couple hours on the drive here. it's still sticky, but it's definitely starting to dry (feels like its starting to get crunchy)

13. That didn't work..let's hope this did..

Attached Files:

14. how long have you got until your trip starts?

15. I'm on it right now actually..I'm in the hotel room trying to figure out the best and fastest way to dry this, lol

16. Do not microwave I repeat do not microwave it, it will vaporize the THC on it.

17. ok so you've got hours and miinutes, not days and weeks... I'd rip it up into tiny pieces, that way it'll dry evenly. Leave it out somewhere, don't let it blow away! And not too much light

18. i've been smoking lightly wet buds the last couple days. it tastes shitty. but keep it in the sun but not to long or it will lose all its thc. if you put it in a jar put a paper towel or tissue so it absorbs the moisture.

19. Just leave it under a lamp/light for a while (like half an hour to an hour), works fine for me and it grinds+smokes nicely.

20. Hair dryer + paper bag... Dont get it too hot though.