Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Drying weed

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by pyro818, Nov 23, 2007.

1. so my cousin grows and today she picked some buds and gave me like 2 grams but she told me i had to dry it. ive never dried weed, usually get it all ready to go. she told me to put it next to a light bulb and i did and the bag is filling with water. is that the way to go or should i try another method (cant microwave it cuz she said it would stink up the house)

2. Take it out of the bag, I always hang mine up under a lamp in my room. Wait until its ready though, don't impatiently try and smoke it

3. how long do u think it'll take? ive been try and would like to smoke it tonight if possible. its only like 2 grams

4. lol, it's going to take longer than that bro

5. haha o aright. guess ill just have to wait. wich i hate. last time i get fresh weed. u think itll be ready by tomorrow morning or itll take a week or 2?

6. a few days
    u can try the microwave or stove on LOW temps for short periods of time,

time is the only true way to do it. wait it out and the smoke will be worth it

if you are impatient, the quality of the bud may reflect that

if ya need to smoke, dry it out fast and roll it all up.
    if ya got time to burn then leave it out of the bag for day or two and in any kind of light possible

gl man

7. fuck that, don't smoke it until its ready man.. you'll thank me later, it shouldn't take more than a few days.. take it out of that fuckin bag though, hang it up.

8. Whats an ideal time for drying?? how many days/weeks/months?

9. Your best bet is to hang it upside down in a pitch black room for a week. You'l get the best smoke that way.

10. o shit i gotta take it out the baggy? fuck its only 3 buds then shake

11. read man! lol

get it out of the bag, hang the herb on something.. put the shake on a tray and just leave it alone. My buds always come out great quality, and I dry them with a lamp. Darkness might work better, I don't know.. the lamp should speed things up. I also wait for mine to dry completly, seeing as I have to sell it for 20$ a gram. And I would be pissed if I bought a gram that was all moist and shit.

give it a good few days, just be patient with it

12. Listen to Peaceful Rocker. Be paitent. Paitence is key to outstanding bud.

13. Yo, dude. Get it outta that bag! Fast! You're gonna get mold on your buds for sure. You can't allow high levels of humidity around your herb as it's drying. Heat from the bulb + high levels of humidity= perfect conditions for mold

14. lol, ya i missed that part. well i called my cousin and she has nugs that are already dry she told me i could have them so ima pick those up right now. ya i took the nugs out the bag and just hanged them on some string next the the bulb. thanx peaceful rocker for the help.

15. Like i said before him

16. I actually said it in the first post;)