Drying weed outdoors... In the cold?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by LacedWithWhack, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Anyone know if this would work? If I were to stuff some women's leotards with wet bud and hang it from trees would it dry properly? I know the main reason you can't dry bud outside is because it will go moldy but if its cold, under 15 degrees Celsius (that's around 50 degrees Fahrenheit for you Americans), and not humid would it dry properly? Sorry I'm a bit of a noob :eek:

2. You want to stay away from packing wet buds together. The looser they are while drying and the more surface area exposed will lead to an even dry and no mold. Also keep them out of light as much as possible as light degrades thc.

3. Okay thanks a lot! Probably just saved me.. I have a shed that needs some work, hanging it in there with a fan on it should be good right?

4. A shed is perfect just make sure you clean that sucker out so the fans arent just blowin dust and webs onto your bud. Then just keep the light out and watch it closely til your nugs are dry.

5. Okay thanks a lot!

6. #6 5150, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2012
    Can you add heat to the shed? Even a small heater will help lots. You do not need it hot just some heat to bring it up to 60 or 70. Fan as well.

7. I was thinking of using a heated fan that I just found in my basement plus the regular fan

8. Sounds like you got a plan. Just don't blow the heated part right on the buds. It will not dry even then.

9. yep got it thanks a lot guys

10. Go to store and by a few bags of cow manure. Spread that out around your shed to mask the smell. When your done toss it in the garden. Manure must be fresh and not composted.

I buy small trailor of cow manure and park in front of my garage every year. In the past I gave the guy next door some as well. And I also spread it in the flower beds out front. All you could smell for houses away was manure. For smaller grow don't sweat it. But when your drying pounds it really helps.

11. "Houses away" fuckin hilarious!! Yes I will be doing this.. such a simple solution...thanks:hello:

12. Try water curing, then stick the buds in a dehydrator for 24 hours or so on the lowest setting. You can do a big batch in one of those big coolers with a drain spout. Drying by blasting your buds with a fan 24/7 or using heat will give you a harsh crispy product.