Drying too fast? Is there an issue?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JonJonJon, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Hi GC,
    So I just harvested my Platinum OG kush and put it out to dry, it was hanging for about 4 days. Between days 3-4 it lost most of its moisture. Im pretty sure it has dryed too fast because i can almost crumble my weed. It was in a cool dark place though. Is there anything I can do? Is this type of reaction normal? My main issue is that when I smoke it it still tastes planty. So how do I get rid of that taste in the curing process and leave the sweet tastes for the smoking? Thank you, all input would be appreciated.

2. Mason jars, open couple times a day to let gasses escape while rolling the buds around the jar to separate them....In about 2-3 weeks they should have a good aroma and better taste...

3. Please post pics

4. Sorry can't help with tha problem but I have tha same strain and juss wondering how it came out? How was yield?

5. if its dried too much...curing isnt an option...IF its dried out, when you put into jars all you'll be doing is storing dried bud...curing requiors moister to be in the stem...

6. Ya jar it up and see if it regains moisture from the jarring process. If it doesn't it's too dry and won't cure. Next time try to raise humidity or leave more fan leaves on while drying.

7. You can add a small piece of fruit or an orange peel to fix overdrying, also update and see if it affects taste