drying the weed!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by davidorr, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Hello people i am just interested to here ure opinions on how to dry the weed and what u find works the best in tearms off time and weight loss.

2. hang it up on a line with plenty of airflow(boxfan) little to no light for 5-7 days...or until the stem just starts to get brittle...then put in mason jars and burp the jars and let'em breathe once a day/everyother day for at least 25-30 more days...

the key is WAIT THE WHOLE 30 DAYZ...heres why...

i just did my first gro...got impatient and started "sampling" the goods @ 2-3 weeks. Man i could burn a whole fatty of this stuff and it just burned hot and id take the entire thing to the head myself and i didnt feel high and it didnt taste good. and this was some crystaly orange nasty lookn shit...and it smelld like hay...i was like wtf

but 3 weeks later i had the head stash of my life...cause i waited the rest of the cure...too bad i wasted all that smoke the first 2 weeks, id have a zip left instead of my one lone little nugget:mad:

in the ends i should ve just listend to all the vets here in the city...what can i say i was out of weed:wave:

3. i like to cut all the leaves off asap ... i usually just cut off the plant what i can manicure within a few hours ... i cut up all my crowns into little clusters so i don't get any mold ... i then lay them out on flyscreen shelving with a pedastal fan ... i wait till they start to get a little dry on the outside then i chuck them into a box to sweat the moisture from the inside to the outside and then i lay it back out again ... and keep repeating that process for about 14 days ... usually only takes an hour or so in the box at first till eventually being in the box for 8 hrs at a time over night (i must say that they rarely need to be sweated in the first 3 days of drying) ... after they dry for about 14 days i then keep em in air tight containers for another 14 days before smoking

... just add ... personally i hate manicuring them once the leaves have shriveiled up and are stuck against the resin ... i find it takes me 3 times as long if i do it after they dry .... sometimes you can get a chlorophyll taste from the leaf into the buds as well ... i have plenty of mates that like to hang it up and they grow some wicked poo ... what ever works best for you is all that really matters i suppose

4. i fully agree with the long curing process you describe 13pointsOfLight ... it definately gets better with a good cure ... hmmm how do i say ... the quality is still excellent and i get the same amount of pocket money even if i take the time to make it a bit better ... can i say that ?... if not someone please please tell me cuz i havent read the rules