drying the weed :P

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by brian8472, Sep 8, 2004.

1. its been 4 days since my harvest and i have the weed sitting in my bedroom with the window opened a lil bit and a fan to help circulate air the fan blows across the weed on low and the weed is on a paper tower on top of metel grill it looks like they shrank alot and dont look as crystally this normal? and how much longer before i should slap em in mason jars?

2. From what I have seen, you want to hang them upside down in a dark place when they are cut off of the plant. You don't want them to dry too quickly. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Gg

3. your onto it Gg....dry them till the stem snaps when you bend it.....laters

4. yes you are correct i heard that too im not sure how to do that tho with this round because my goal was to preserve the plant ( why?) i loved it too much lol. thanks bud i just smoked some of it and its great very clear cerebral high im gonna go enjoy it now :)

5. Yea, you want it to dry slowly at first. What I tend to do is hang it upside down for two or three days with all the large fans already removed. Then after a few days I cut the bud clusters off and put them in a container and burp it with fresh dry air about 4 or 5 times a day. You don't want to put it in the container until its about 50 percent ready though, as to avoid mold. To do a good job this takes almost two whole weeks from harvest 'til smoke time.
    Or......yea you can just hang it upside down for about a week and it will be ready to rock and roll when the stems snap crisp. If it gets too dry on ya, put it in a jar with an orange peal to add some moisture back.
    hope this helps.