Drying Tempatures

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by JmJ, Sep 28, 2009.

1. #1 JmJ, Sep 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2009
    Alright, so I bought a $7 thermometer at walmart with tempature and humidity. I placed it in my basement where I am going to dry. It is 71F with 50% humidity.

My question was, is this a good range to be in for drying? I have not mentioned that I am going to be drying in a 20l x 30w x 30h box. I do not have the box finished yet but I'm sure the temps will be a little different. Also, I have read to keep the temps around 67-80F and 40-50% humidity, is this right?

Here is a diagram I drew up to give you an idea of what it looks like.

[​IMG]

The filter I do not have yet, not sure If i'm going to be able to get it, we'll see. This box is also going to be a stealth grow project later on.. For airflow, I am going to be using some pc fans. One for intake and another inside, but of course not directly blowing on the buds.

This is my first crop I have gotten close to even harvesting this year and hoping for an ounce or so, at least.

2. #2 JmJ, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2009
    Well I just checked the temps a an hour ago and the lowest it got down to was 69F 41% Humidity..

Is there anyone out there that can help?

I'm sure there is someone with experience they can share.

Thanks

3. Bump. I'm sorry I have no info for you but am wondering about the same things, temps and humidity in a box similar in size. So, bump, just the same.