Drying techniques

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by smokymcp0t, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Hey fellow grasscity members, I am finishing up my first grow and want to learn more about drying bud and curing it. Yesterday i chopped down my first girl and trimmed her up. I have the buds on a drying rack right now. The drying rack is 4 big mesh circles almost 4 ft in diameter that are stacked on top of each other; each rack is separated by about 5 inches. I have a couple of fans blowing from underneith them. THis method was suggested by a good friend. My plan is to dry on this rack, then in paper bag then eventually jars.

I was wondering if anyone has used a similar method to this and maybe an give me so some advice. I also would love to hear about some other techniques to dry buds if anyone would like to share. Il post some pictures later on today

2. I don't think your supposed to use fans just air dry in cool dark place no light but idk this is how I do it. No heat either.

3. Using to many fans, espesh close to it will dry to fast.

theres nothing wrong with a fan in the area moving the air round though.

4. You said," I have a couple of fans blowing from underneith them. THis method was suggested by a good friend. "

I assumed up at them, MY mistake.

I also assumed too much air may make them too dry (however I have never tried with fans circulating air) I don't like it when flowers are two dry I feel they lose potency..

The method I use is basically the same minus fans nd just move buds in paper bags around so the don't get mold and make sure they stay in the dark when not in bags. And I may try fans on next harvest so please post how it turns out..

5. Sorry i have been very lazy il post pics tomato and show u guys how im doing it. This is the method my caregiver is teaching me and it is how he does it. He has some fire bud so i trust it.

6. god im sorry guys i have no excuse but im lazy lol i hvnt posted pictures here or on my other thread. I will do it tonight i promise!

7. Ok so this may be a dumb question and I would understand why it would be. I'm a new guerrilla grower but I have come to a problem when it comes to drying.
    I have roommates that are NOT okay with the smell of marijuana stinking up a room in our place nor even bringing that much in.
    If anyone has had a similar problem, could suggest a way to reduce smell or achieve a drying method that could be more 'covert' way of going about this? Thanks!

8. Maybe rig up an airtight container with a fan blowing through an aluminum ducting attached to a charcoal filter.