Drying Techniques

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by t4blazer, Sep 29, 2006.

1. best way to dry your plants.. any more ideas would be helpful and thanks ahead of time

bring them inside, hang them upside down with clothespins or string/yarn, manicure them(cut off fan leaves and everything else but the buds and stems), let them dry in a cool, dry, dark, low humidity room with a fan for air circulation, then when dry and stems snap, clip buds and cure..

is this totally right?? and whats the best way to control the humidity in the dry room and temperature, ive read it should be around 65-72 degrees.

2. I trim the big leaves off first. Then I just put mine on a wire rack and let them chill, turning them like twice a day. Trim them up a little more as time goes by. When I feel they're dry enough (right when stems snap) I cure them up in mason jars.

Same as your method basically, but I don't hang them up.....just easier for me to put them on a rack.

3. Sounds good to me. What about cutting down the plant? I just cut her down, but has anyoneelse had better results with just hanging the ENTIRE plant, roots and all?

4. Hey Prettybuds -

There is no advantage to hanging the whole plant (root ball and all) to dry. If anything it would just take longer to dry. It is an old wives tail that this makes for better smoke.... It does not make it any better to hang your plants with root ball attached!

Kisses -
    Hott

5. grassy ass! Thanks for dispelling those rumors Hott

6. lol grassyass....im just thinking theres good stuff in the roots; +other herbs are dried that way
    wuz thinkin of trying it unless strictly contraindicated[hey, it's a pun]:p

7. Hey id never heard about keepin the roots. Wouldnt it get your buds dirty? Anyway, if you got a couple plants Reasoner maybe do an experiment to see if you notice any difference.

Its kinda strange most people want to flush out the soil(SpanishFly reports that flushing doesnt affect the taste of his weed one way or the other), to remove a chemical taste. Keeping the rootball seems like doing the exact opposite of this?

8. leave everything on when you hang. humidity is not a prob, just make shure u have circulation.when the shade leaves turn crispy, your about 1800hrs away from clipping.
    clean and jar, let air out everyday (start with 45 min, lower to ten by end of week.)
    ur trying to avoid drying to much too fast.
    i made some notes on my thread. otherwise, ask fly. good luck.

9. I can´t LIFT mine with root ball attached. LOL

10. thanks oldman, ive heard its preference.... cut off the leaves before you hang, while you hang and after you hang... ive heard all of them, but i dont want to dry them out too fast so im gonna try to let them stay on this year and clip everything right before i cure them in the jars.. then ill do the 45 to 10 min move thanks yeah fly has helped me i read up somethings i was searching about this... +rep