Drying small buds. How long?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mjgrow420, Apr 30, 2010.

1. I have a bunch of small buds from a plant that didn't get a whole lot of love. I know, I know, poor thing. The biggest bud weighed in at 4g and thats wet weight. How long do you think it will take to dry these small buds?

2. Couple of days? All depends on the environment. ;)

3. Its dry when it's dry, i.e. when that 4 grams is 1 to 1.3.

4. #5 Dankafied, Apr 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2010
    hang buds upside down in a dark cool place for 5-7 days. after 5-7 days trim whatever leaf material is left on the dry buds. as youll notice ur buds wont have that daknafied smell yet.

Step two, (curing) place dry buds into a jar (size of jar will depend on amount of buds) place jar in a cool dark place, Open jar and let buds get 20 minutes of fresh air twice a day, for the next two weeks. (DO THIS PROCESS FOR 2 WEEKS) So once in the morning and once at night. This is a very short curing process, some people cure for 3 to 6 month, so i advise you to cure for a minimum of 2 weeks. And remember, the longer the buds cure. the more potent and dank theyll be.

5. ...old forum

....but if you were to trim AFTER hang drying 10 - 14 days -
    you'll notice the dank smell is still present and has never left.

People who wet trim unfortunately get that hay smell or the smell you get
    after cutting wet grass outside with a lawnmower; and these people unfortunately need to leave their buds in jars for month to regain the dank smell.

My buds reak once after I pull them down and begin trimming after a 2 week hang dry.

6. Good thought but IMO not entirely correct. I hang, trimmed and not trimmed depending on plant material and how much patience I have trimming. My bud stinks after a few days of curing(7-10). I also don't hang dry for 10-14 days. In 50% humidity and 70-75 temp my shits ready to go in 4-5 days when trimmed and in 5-8 when not. Maybe you slow dry at like super low temps?!?!?

7. #8 GoldGrower, Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2015
    a bud that small is likely to be dry in a day or two but it depends on temperature, humidity and air flow.

I trim my bud when fresh and hang to dry for around a week before they are ready to be contained to finish the drying process and I don't get a hay spell. If you get that then I suspect you have left too much leaf on there, or maybe dried it too fast