Drying Question. Trying to delay chop

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by pooppooppoopinmybutt, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Hi all, I have a question about drying times. I have two plants that are getting close to harvest, maybe just a few days to a week away. I'll be out of town for the 4th of July weekend so I'm trying to delay harvesting for as long as possible so that they're not hanging to dry too long. I obviously can't chop too early because I won't be home to burp my jars for about 3 or 4 days. So my question is will a few extra days of drying affect my buds very much? I plan on hanging my whole plants with no trimming except for fan leaves and have a humidifier to keep the RH around 60%. I've attached a few pics of the plants. I'm at 61 days of flowering and one strain estimates a 60 day flower period and the other 63 to 70 days. I'm hoping to push them until at least Monday or Tuesday before chopping, but hopefully later than that. Thanks in advance.
    IMG_20210616_083026_935.jpg 20210616_081655.jpg IMG_20210616_083026_974.jpg 20210616_081647.jpg

2. I can’t tell if the trichromes are milky or just cloudy. There are no amber ones at all. I think from the amount of white pistols they have at least two weeks before they’re ready.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 2 more weeks.
    Way to sparkly yet IME. I'll bet there is zero Amber

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  4. Thank you. The pics are from a day or two ago, but correct, there are very few amber trichs at the moment. It's been a few years since my last grow and I don't remember how quickly trichomes go from cloudy to amber. I'm relieved to hear it'll be longer than expected.

5. Thank you, glad to see some consensus. With the estimated 60 day period, I was worried I was crazy that it was looking immature at 61 days

6. I've found most breeders harvest estimates wildly opportunistic. I find 10 weeks actual to be good and that is under the brutal Southern California Sun. 75 days works for 90% of strains IME.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  7. #7 bryan oconner, Jun 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    Ok . Once you know there done turn your lights off.
    Leave the plant potted in the soil. It will dry slowly.
    I dry LOT of plants this way. This is also a way so limited harvested #s are not broken. Its on a plant its not a finished product . They come out very good this way it takes about 14 days to get fully dry . The smell will be very strong .

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Thanks. I haven't heard that method before. I'm going to look into it now

9. I think you will not find anything about it online .
    I May be the only person doing it . Its a way to get around stupid rules .

10. If I have to go out of town at the very end of flowering, I usually leave them until I get home. I’ll give them a good water, which will hold them a couple days until they dry out. Worst case scenario is they start to dry. You can either let them go as Bryan suggested, or just cut and hang when you get home with a head start on drying. Just make sure you have good airflow and you should be good. Beats harvesting early imho. Good luck either way. Those look like some decent flowers. Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  11. I agree chop when u get back. Also if u have a table 60 Rh u can go up to 10 days drying. Especially dense big buds

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1