Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Drying process

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ThEiLlEsTaRoUnD, Oct 27, 2009.

1. my friends plant just budded,and hes throwing me a few grams later tonight,is there any way i can quickly dry it rather then hanging it for a few days?like use a blowdryer or something?

2. First of all, if it just budded then it's not even worth smoking. Second, why don't you just be patient and do it properly? After a proper drying and curing, the bud will smoke much better than rushing through the whole process.

3. the getto way is to throw them in the oven.but you lose some of it potency.

4. Tell your friend that if he cuts anything off the plant before it's properly finished, he's a damn fool. And even once it's gone the whole way, it's still gonna be at least two weeks before you want to be smoking it.

Improper drying and curing means you lose maybe 30% of the potency, and the high doesn't last nearly so long. Anyone who recommends quick dry & smoke, has probably never tasted properly cured weed. Pity.

Chopping when it's "just budded", you lose maybe 95% of the potency. In other words, don't do it.

Or did you mean, "just harvested some bud"?

-mu