Drying plants...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ganJaXTokEr, Nov 6, 2006.

1. I have a plant that is done and is ready to be cut, the problem is that i dont have anywere to dry them. The only place i can dry them is the same place i am growing and i have anther plant that has a week maybe 2 weeks to go.

Can I dry in the same room im growing in? is it alright that the lights are on for 12 hrs while the buds dry, since im still flowering my other plant? or is there another way i can dry my plant.

2. Im assuming your using a HPS for flowering. I wouldnt let my bud dry in the same room as im growing no.

The buds will dry too fast which may loose potency and become brittle under that light.

I'd suggest just clipping the buds off, finding a carboard box and hanging them on some string strung across the box. Punch some holes in it and put it somewhere BESIDES your grow room.

There is NO WHERE else you can dry them? They just need a cool, 68-75 degree place with fresh airflow to chill for 7-10 days.

3. I'm actually using flourecent lights. In the room im growing in there isnt anyroom for me to put a cardboard box. I can place them above were i grow but probably only in a paper bag or maybe a cardboard box can sit above it..

4. It is best to dry in subdued lighting. Certainly not with grow lights present. Don´t you have a garden shed, that is what I use?

5. I have a garden shed but I dont think 30 degree weather is good for buds at all... I found a cardboard box.. made some holes and im going to run string through it to hold the buds upside down.. the only problem now is circulation of air.. the box will be above my growbox but the fans in the growbox blowing air onto my other plant. i have another fan but its to big to place up there with the box..

6. Yes, don´t let them freeze.

7. Dont put a fan blowing directly on the buds. You want fresh air circulating around them so have it face above them or just in the vicinity where they are, or just going in the room where they are.

8. i'm near harvesting time and i've got the same problem. right now i'm just clipping some of the pieces off as they ripen and drying them so i can get an idea of how rip i want them to be (i think i'd actually prefer the heady high).

i live in a basement. i read the cardboard box idea and decided to use a shoe box to dry my small piece in then i stuck it up above the ceiling panels.

i'm not sure if there is adequate air flow, but i felt a slight breeze and since i'm not trying to dry an entire crop i figured it'd be ok....

is...it...??