Drying Outdoors

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Rebelutionary42, Aug 9, 2012.

1. I was wondering what the best way to dry your buds outside in the wilderness? I will be trying this method this year and of course dont want to lose a harvest to mold.

2. There are threads all over gc about this, but not one with a deffinate answer, or someone who has actually claimed to do it successfully.
    I need to find out too, but for a friend of course ;)

But the only ways i can think of would be to set up a tent with all the vents open, or maybe just hanging a tarp and drying underneath. I wont let this thread die, i need an answer this time!

3. No doubt! Someone has had to have mastered the technique lol please share your secrets below!

I was pretty much thinking the same idea. Only thing that worries me about the tent is moisture, which would then bring mold. Or at least make it easier for mold to grow. PLus the fact that there's a random tent in the middle of the woods. lol idk..

I figure if you just make a roof out of a camoflaged tent, tied down the sides, then ran a rope underneath and hung from the rope? Maybe use rubber bands to hopefully keep the trees in place?

4. [quote name='"mc4mc44"']There are threads all over gc about this, but not one with a deffinate answer, or someone who has actually claimed to do it successfully.
    I need to find out too, but for a friend of course ;)

But the only ways i can think of would be to set up a tent with all the vents open, or maybe just hanging a tarp and drying underneath. I wont let this thread die, i need an answer this time![/quote]

Go read the Corto skyzo outdoor grow journal from last year. He dries outdoors by placing a tarp over a tree branch and setting up a drying area underneath.

I have one of these that I will be using. So there, now you can't claim nobody has dried outdoors. It has been done.

Attached Files:

5. thats all i ever wanted...

6. [quote name='"mjmama25"']

Go read the Corto skyzo outdoor grow journal from last year. He dries outdoors by placing a tarp over a tree branch and setting up a drying area underneath.

I have one of these that I will be using. So there, now you can't claim nobody has dried outdoors. It has been done.[/quote]

mama is that a huge dehydrator?

7. It's a herbal dryer.

8. Is there anyway to have it open to the air/wind but have it not smell. Because i want to dry my guerrilla grow bud close to home without my parents wondering about the smell.

9. [quote name='"SmokesTheGreat"']Is there anyway to have it open to the air/wind but have it not smell. Because i want to dry my guerrilla grow bud close to home without my parents wondering about the smell.[/quote]

It mostly only smells strongly the first day or two after chopping. Then it takes on a bit of hay smell usually until it goes into the jars. Maybe you could chop and leave it on site the first day then finish drying near home.