Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

drying off wet weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by MikeJuliett, Aug 22, 2016.

1. first off I know there have been a few posts such as this but i dont think they completely reflect my situation

i picked up a quarter oz of bud and after a night that i cannot fully remember, the quarter oz ended up being buried in my backyard in a single ziploc bag. now this wouldn't be all too bad but my shit luck kicks in and it poured for a few hours that night.

now the next morning i go to find the weed and obviously it was quite soaked. the bud is all soggy and moist, but not insanely wet.

i removed it from the bag and put it into a jar (why the hell didn't i do this right away, i have no idea). and i filled the jar with rice (to soak out moisture?) this was a couple hours ago

so I am wondering if this is going to work? how long would it take? is it still ok to smoke or is it a lost cause..?

any advice is appreciated :smiley-rolling-joint:

2. gee thanks

3. Your pot will be fine, dry it out and smoke it. And make sure it's not damp enough to mold inside that jar because it will.

4. is the rice method good enough to dry it out?

5. I think I'd try the fan method first. It really depends on how wet it is.

6. Bro, what you need to do. Is first get the bud out of the bag. Then place of on some dry paper towels , inside a plastic bowl. Place the bowl in a dry dark place. And be sure to replace the p.towels once, possibly twice. The towels should catch the majority of the moisture. This will however naturally reconstitute mosture within the buds naturally aside from what you can look or even feel. The bud has acted like a sponge. That's why the darkness is what I recommend. Buds are cured or dried as the final step to the process after you they are harvested. This allows the bud to dry at a natural pace so not to effect the crystallizing as well as over drying. The darkness actually allows the the crystals to explode in growth and power. It's important that you give the Buds a roper amount of time to finish the process in a natural way. Or you will effect the crystals potency, and or break away the crystals from the plant. You don't wanna rush it, I know it's a drag to have a sack and not be blazed. But if you don't wanna smoke something that's so dry it's harsh and dirty tasting. The Buds will kick off the moisture and reconstitute the crystals

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

7. Give the Buds a turn every twelve hours or so and be sure to close them back.in darkness. If at all possible you want complete darkness. This is the proper way the to cure the buds again. And you do not want to expose them to light or handling anymore then it takes to turn them. I say two days Topsy ou will have your sack back as fire as it was before it's shower.. good luck

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

8. Just make sure it doesnt mold, being that it is parishable (for some reason people forget that ganj is a plant, lol). Make sure its totally dry before trying to smoke it, wet ganj is a PAIN to deal with. Good luck brobeans. Happy toking.

9. It will be fine.

Mold grows in darkness so don't leave it too long in the dark.

I would probably give it a day wrapped in paper towels and tin foil set on top of the water heater or near the clothes dryer exhaust, two really warm spots.

If in a hurry to dry it out I would put it on tinfoil and place it in the oven at a low setting like 150 degrees, not any higher.

10. It's bud. Not an iPhone. Why the rice?

11. So you're saying the first thing to do with soggy pot is take it out of the bag?

12. Well I thought I'd add one last post to perhaps help someone in the near future.

I ended up leaving the bud in a jar of rice for about 2 days. I then removed it and most of the moisture had been absorbed away by the rice. The larger nugs were still a bit moist so I broke them up, then put everything into a brown paper bag and put it back in the jar.

Although the visual appeal is definitely gone, the quality seems to have stayed consistent. Hope this helps someone in the future!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Have you since tried this to dry again but like not by accident but from a harvest? Just wondering