drying my plant

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ladder, Apr 10, 2003.

1. i have been growing just the one outside and the weather has started to cool down quite a bit. i think it is time to dry but how do i dry to get best results

2. hang it in a cool dry place with soem ventilation. The attic will work as a last resort. Let her hang for a couple of weeks until the stalks will snap and break. Then remove the bud and smoakble leaves and put them in airtight glass jars for a month. Open the jars every couple day to let them breathe out and not to inhibit mold growth. If the bud is too dry, add a small pieec of orange or lemon peel to the jars to rehydrate the bud to get it moist and tasty.

3. for a month? do ya really have to keep it in the jar for that long?

4. it makes the bud taste so much better and smoother for smoking tis the way to go

5. If it's getting cool... wait for it to frost if it does or drop to it's lowest point one night this forces the plant to put all it's nutrients to the bud, it should get possible a light purple which will eman it's ready to pull and dry... tastier and more thc... same reason you dry upside down.... gravity helps...

I personally have started over the past three years to cure my plants curing I think makes your buds alot nicer and alot smoother for any type of paraphenalia you smoke out of... It takes longer but hey you just waited that entire time to grow your plants took the chance, put heart and soul into them so a few weeks longer for a better smoke shouldn't bother you that much.... You can alwasy keep a litel to smoke while the rest cures..... If you want to know how to Cure post anoter thread about how to cure ( curing ? ) or search around teh net for it first any questions on what you find ask away...

BigPuffs jaring technique is one way of what is curing is... The rehydration of your bud and drying and rehydration.... Oranes or any dry peel you want will add it's scent and hint of flavour to the bud......

Wish I could taste some of that sweetened bud you got there Puffa.....

6. I don't know of any other way to dry and cure it except with the jars and citrus peels. I got some lemon right now, but am thinking about going lime for the next time.