Drying my Lowryders... think they might be to dry

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mobb Hitman, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Well it's been 2 weeks since I cut down my two lowryder plants. They've been in a closet around 75 degrees and humidity 30-50 (i know i know... but no signs of mold).

The stems still bend but are a little crispy. The buds however are very dry and very crispy. The buds will kinda break apart if you apply to much presure with your fingers, thats how dry they are.

Is this normal? Or is it to dry?

I'm gonna start curing them in the morning in a tupperware container.

2. When the stems actually snap in half then it is time to start curing.

3. but is it normal or ok that the bud are so crispy?

4. I've never heard of or seen crispy buds. If they are too dry, put an orange peel in the tubberware container for a brief period of time to regain moisture.

5. i'm growing lowryder right now too....

any chance you would have some pictures of your product? now and after cure?

i'd be really interested in seeing them....

6. nevermind..i searched your history and saw you posted pics of your buds...but i still want to see what they look like after the are properly cured...

and damnit..how does it smoke?

7. damn that sucks.... well at least i know from here on out my closet is a quick dryer. i just hope they had enough time to dry properly.

i'll start a week cure in the morning... also i'll put an orange peel in there for an hour or two