Drying in your grow closet?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mjr99, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Any ideas on how I can do this? Ill have about a 20" x 20" x 80" space but I need to keep the buds in the dark and ventilated from what I hear. We're only talking about maybe 3 or 4 oz's at a time. I guess if I found a light proof airy sheet that would be a good start.

2. so you trying to build a space for drying? Or are you planning on using the grow space? I use my flowering room to hang my plants after I cut/tirm. That way I can control the humidity and then no need for a third room just for drying.

_Numb_

3. Yea, I need to dry in my grow space.

4. well if its your grow space isnt it already vented and light proof? just need to have a small fan blowing air around but not blowing directly on the drying buds.

_Numb_

5. The space is vented and lightproof, but the buds need to dry in the dark. You see what I'm saying? I need to filter the smell through the c filter which is why I need to dry in there.

6. so your trying to figure out how to hang your drying buds in your space? Just tie some string from the sides and hang buds on it... Or Im just not understanding what your saying.

_numb_

7. he has plants that are still growing so the light needs to be on in his grow space. he wants to know if anyone knows what he can do to keep the lights off them.

8. ^Is that what you're saying?

You shouldn't dry your harvest in the same space that an active grow is going, too much light and you won't be able to shield it well enough.

9. Exactly. Sorry for not explaining this better. Ill have about a 20" x 20"x 80" space with which to work with. I want to germinate and sex lowryders in there then move them outside. But I'd like to dry in there because that's where the carbon filter will be. But now that I think about it the plants don't start to reek until after sex so I should have the carbon filter in second closet with the drying buds and use the big closet to germ and sex as many as possible. Hmm, what to do. I'd really like to keep everything all in the one main closet with a lock on the door. That closet is where the attic entrance is too. Thoughts? I might just want to do the whole grow here since lr's only take 9 weeks.

10. can't you just wait the week it takes to dry them then start the next grow?