Drying in the flower room?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by zukidude, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Quick question,

I am getting ready to chop down all my plants, and am considering the best place to dry them. I have two options, my spare bedroom, or my flower room in my basement.

My buddy is telling me that you're not supposed to dry in your flower room and I cant figure out why the hell not.

When you think about it, its the only room that we spend a bunch of money on so that we could control the environment to within a degree. Seems to me that I could put the a/c unit and vent fans and oscillating fans and fresh air circulation (that I have worked my balls off to get) to good use, taking care of my buds while I'm away at work, working hard to make enough to buy something else to put in my flower room!!!

The other option is the bedroom.
    I have three dogs and two cats- Hair fucking everywhere, and you are never rid of it. Like fucking spider mites. You can vacuum for fucking days, and then stir the air in a room and it'll be flying around- Not good for sticky buds.

I have no climate control of any sort in my house. Its getting warm, and in the bedroom, theres not a thing I can do about it.

I live in a modular home, its a piece of shit, and will leak the stink of my buds everywhere, whereas in the flower room, where all the equipment is, I have a filter, that keeps me off the neighborhood watch list.

I can only think of bugs, bugs and ... bugs as the reasons not to hang in there.

What say ye?:smoke:

2. Its what I will be doing. I to cant imagine how it could be bad? All the evaporated moisture will go out my fan. Bugs stay out etc.

3. There should be no problem as long as you keep the chopped bud in the dark, apparently light degrades THC. You can use a cardboard box, use a quite tall one and stick some sticks across top to hang the bud from, cut a few holes in the box and ideally stick a 12v pc fan to the box to extract the moist air. Should be fine....