Drying in low temperature

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Mr cookie, Mar 11, 2018.

1. #1 Mr cookie, Mar 11, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    Hi!

I'm new on this forum and have a question I haven't found when searching.

I know there's a lot of guides on drying and curing and optimal temperature and humidity.

But haven't seen any discussion about drying in low temperature.
    I got an attic where I am drying in a paper bag that's open.
    The humidity is around 50-60 and temperature between 4-10 Celsius. (40-50 degrees in Fahrenheit)

Could this harm or destroy my crop in any way or will the process just take longer?

2. I dry in 65 deg and 50% humidity I don’t try to lower or raise anything just where the room sits.

3. There’s strict guidelines that I’ve never followed and haven’t screwed up a harvest yet.
    Why not just throw them in a closet? why u got em his away n the attic?

4. Well, because in the attic no one can smell or see them.
    In my country cb is still illegal.

Thanks for the reply, I was thinking it might even be good that it's lower temperature. A slow drying process might even be beneficial?
    As long as it's not freezing of course.

5. Yeah I get that I use to live in a illegal state as well but I never was that careful

6. I dry my trim in brown paper bags. The important thing is to turn it over everyday to prevent mold.
    Can't help you with drying buds in a bag. I hang mine in a bedroom with a dehumidifier set to 40. The room warms up, but I never check the temp.