Drying in humid conditions

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by u2seek42, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Hi all old hippie new to growing the high test.

I am in the deep south and indoor drying was going to be a prob.

So I thought of a chem dryer type unit, I found one at wally world 3.50 in the household section next to the moth flakes also useful to the outdoor grower....

They have done a great job, the herb is dried slowly, no wind blowing all that goodness away.

The herb is nice to look at not that kind of oxidized look of air dried.

I have been using stale urine with a couple of cloves of garlic stepping in it, as a no no to the animals.
    Works like a charm.

Growing autos now like them very much.

Sorry posting in a rush.
    Cheers!

2. Ah well since I am on a roll....

??? I have been confused on the harvest times of these autos, the seller says 60 days, but does not say if in or out doors, now of course the outdoors is not going to get 24/7 light.

Can anyone give me a rule of thumb. 60 days harvest.... but outdoors really 80/ 70/ ....

Thanks!

3. they will be done wheb there done i had some that were ment to be done indoors in 55 days andd ot took 85 days indoors there done when the trich changes 30% amber

4. Wow that was almost understandable.

One I can not see all that well I used a mag to see and could not make out color.

I think it is BS that the seed co. put out such seed without real info.
    You got to attitude and the descriptions are useless written by a person whose English could use some work.
    How about 50 indoors and 75 outdoors, to much to ask, F Me, they sell seeds at 13 bucks a pop
    Damn you could just toss the Fin weed you just made 8 k off the seeds.

I am the old school hippie herb is was a sacrament not some shyte to burn people on.

I am glad that I lived the good days, and I feel for all of you under 45, your reality is my nighmare.

5. #5 loki125, Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2013
    you see depending on how you grow what lights you use. weather is soil or hydro you will get different times at which its done the plant doesnt know its day 65 and now its chop day to be sure if its fone you have to check trichs under a loupe 60x. with my so called fast bud ment to be 55 days it took 85 days but it was probly my fault on few things such as soil was bit crap burnt them :/ and used cfls. ect ect

6. they mean 60 days budding, they first 2 or 3 weeks of the auto are veg time. and also when drying in humid enviroments i just trim everything ASAP break all the big buds and kolas down. i  trim everything off the plant and put a fan blowing on the buds for atleast 24 hours and then dry as usual. as long as u get those leaves off and put the fan on em for a good 24 most of the moisture will be out and then u can dry em for a few more days paper bag em and jar em. u dont want to use any dehumidifyers or dryer things. they will dry ur herb too fast and will ruin the smell and taste completely.