Drying in a Tunnel

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kevin420, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Theres a tunnel that has water flowing through it thats a good 10 by 8 feet big that runs
    under the town for a long distance. I found this tunnel trying to escape the smoggy heat, It
    gets pitch black and when you exhale you can see your breath in there when its 30 C outside.

I think this might work it has constant air blowing, always completely dark, nobody would be able to smell the bud drying either. The only thing i can see that might have trouble is if it rains really hard, but it shouldnt rise much.

So Can you dry with cold air blowing????

Can you dry when there is a small stream of water 8 feet beneath flowing???

Anyone ever hear of this done before or have any thoughts could you please respond .....

2. Wow Kevin.... I apologize up front, but that is one of the worst ideas I've read about.

Drying is when these things will REEK, attract attention and well they are sooooooo close to being done... just doesnt make sense why you'd wanna take buds that were 7 days away from being smoked, and stick them in some remote location that is publicly accessible. If you found the tunnel, others have/will to.

Not to mention the freezing temps and water = moisture = mold.

Sorry, I'd just get a cardboard box and dry em...keep it simple and stealthy.

3. yes i was thinking that the water would create mold, I doubt anyone would walk a mile in a water tunnel thats pitch black. So any other options for drying outside, would a tent work

4. got to say when i was young my friends and i always walked thru tunnels around the house.one thing comes to mind are all the bugs flying and crawling.and how damp they were.if you want mold and bugs in your buds go for it.not only that if you got a hard rain they would fill with water.

5. Ye i havnt been in many tunnels, can someone tell me why it gets so cold that i see my brerath and has a constant breeze it is also 10-11 feet high there is no bugs. Its right by my house,so maybe ill just burn some dubes in there when its hot out if i cant use to dry

6. I can only assume you're lookin for a place to dry outside because of.... ??

Outside drying is a really anti-stealthy, bad idea. If you were ever 100% vulnerable to thieves, bugs and cops - it would be dryin stinky dank outside.

If these were grown inside you could surely dry them inside no?

7. i figure if the spot I have now goes until the plants are done then i will pitch a tent or something, which will eliminate the bugs and let a breeze through. So if it goes the whole summer it should be a good place to have a tent. If anything ill just campout in the woods for the time it dries.

8. Kids are always fucking around in tunnels like that. When I was between the ages of 12-16 it was a favorite past time of me and my friends to explore the underground drainage tunnels around my area (much to the displeasure of the local police and fire department).

I could tell you stories all day long about some of the crazy shit we did in those tunnels. =p