Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Drying Fresh Weed In The Microwave?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Noturbitch, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Okay. So I'm a virgin with smoking weed. But I've been growing my own for a while and was wondering if I clipped some and fast dried it in the microwave, would it lose all it's potency? Like if I smoked it would I still get high?

2. Don't do it. Air dry it

3. No I would avoid doing that. Welcome to GC by the way.

4. Yes it will probably microwave all the crystals. Very bad idea. I don't even recommend doing it with hash and I remember some doing it back in the day with little effects. Bud is different tho

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. What if I do though. I'm looking to do this tonight.
    @[member="Bradl33t"]

6. yeah microwaves evaporate the trichomes. I suggest you air dry it, and then put that stuff in a jar and cure it. You can smoke some undried if you want, but it wont get you that high. It will taste like crap too

7. I don't care about taste :p Since it's first time though, wouldn't it just be okay to microwave it? @[member="Old School Smoker"]

8. I think you got the best answer, no don't do it, but you don't want to hear it lol. Do whatever you want at this point.

9. No, if you actually do this you will have wasted some perfectly good weed. Bad idea, this will not work. Just go with what everybody on this thread is saying, and do not microwave your weed! It will not dry your weed, it will ruin it. Sorry but there is no way to skip the long drying process, and you still need to cure it if you want some good smoke.

If you really wanna smoke some so bad just smoke it wet, at least you will get some kind of a buzz but the smoke will be harsh as fuck. Your best option OP is to do this by the book and air dry it then jar cure it.

10. If anything get a lamp and a small metal pot that a tea light would come in, or just a bit of tin foil (don't seal it) and put the weed in the pot on the bulb in the lamp. Don't use an energy saving bulb and keep turning it every few mins, it won't take long to dry, might be slightly harsher on the throat due to the rapid drying. I've done this in an emergency, much better than smoking wet weed.

11. Sounds like it might give you cancer if you smoke microwaved bud.

12. Set it on your cable box next to where the warm air comes out. Leave it there for about an hour and it will be smokable. It won't taste good but you already said you don't care. Have at it.

13. This

This

Put aluminium foil over toaster, place substance on foil, power on machine.

14. dude just air dry it ... you wont regret it

15. oven isnt a bad thing either

16. #17 Mr Unknown, Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2014
    Just ignore the answers we give you and put it in the darn microwave already. We sense you're a little impatient.

17. if you put in microwave only put it on 20% power and check often turning it... if your growing indoors you caN get an envelope and just set it on your ballast it will dry fairly quickly... but as everyone said already just let it air dry is the best...

18. #19 Spliff Shady, Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2014
    That's called nuking it I've smoked weed like that a long time ago but it was dumb one time my weed caught on fire In the microwave. Leave it under the sun in a closed glass jar it will sweat out the weed.

19. Why make the fucking thread if you don't like the answer

Stupid kid