drying -curing ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by budblower10, Sep 21, 2006.

1. quick question fellas, actually 2 of them, but they should be easy to answer i think
    1. if i already have a bud curing for like a week, can i put a new bud that was jus dried in the same container? will it have a neg. affect on the already curing bud, i dont think so but i want to be sure.
    2. i have a carboard box in a closet for drying. i have cut holes in the box to let it breathe. i also put a fan directly on it. but the first bud i dried was done in like 1.5 days, so i removed the fan and now this new bud is still dry in like a day or so. 1st timer but im pretty sure its dry lol. should i not have any holes in the box? i dont understand y its drying so fast.
    thanks guys

2. don't know about question 1.

2. Drying should only be enough for the stem to snap, if it bends it's still a bit wet.
    Once you are there, the buds need to be cured.
    This is where you put them in an airtight container and only open it for a few minutes a day. You open it so the pot doesn't grow mould.
    The quality of the buds will improve if you can cure them for about a month...

:smoking:

3. the moisture from the recently cured bud will transfer to the week old cured bud

4. is that a bad thing? i heard that it wont really have a neg affect, it will jus remoisturize them. is that bad? thanks

5. Just an fyi. Starting about now, every year the dollar store sells these great glass, hinged and with rubber gasket mason jars for a buck each which work GREAT for curing. At least the dollar tree by me does. It is well worth the look.

6. yes it will have a neg affect. its called humidity shock. you need to just leave the jar or container you have the already curing bud open for a couple days and then drop the fresh bud in,still leave the jar open for a couple more days and then close it.