Drying/Curing with minimal effort

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by gorilla boy1, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Hi, Grasscity! In preparation for Springtime growing, I was thinking of ways that required minimal attention for drying of the buds.

My situation is as follows: Living with parents, yet in a nicer region that contains forested area.

Ideally, I want to grow 5-10 plants.. Then I ran into this problem. How could I get the plant into smokeable form without alarming my parents.

- Use a tree and hang the buds?

- Put the buds in mason jars, regularly open for circulation of oxygen, and keep under light a few hours every night to get out the moisture??? what about mold?

ANY information is greatly appreciated fellas!

2. no suggestions fellas?

3. Living with parents makes anything more difficult, sir. I assume you are growing outdoors, since you mentioned the forested area. Are you growing in pots, or in the ground? Have you grown plants before?

If I were you, I would make a DIY Carbon Scrubber, and put it in your closet. If you're hella paranoid, you may make too, and put the other one next outside your closet or something. Hang up your buds in your closet, with a SMALL fan that your parents wont hear during the day. When they're dry enough, put them in mason jars. Then put the jars in a box in the back of your closet. Burp them as recommended. The carbon scrubbers -should- be effective enough to block the odor.

...That's what would work on my mother. If you do your own laundry, they'll never have a need to go in your room. Good luck sir! :wave:

4. Don't do it man. You ok with your parents going to jail if you get caught by the law? If they wouldn't want you doing it, chances are you're going to get your ass chewed throughout part of the six month outdoor season. And ten plants would be a lot of weed to try to hide.

But if you're totally set in your decision, build a small shack about 4'x4'x4' and get a blower fan or two to evacuate air and you have yourself an outdoor drying box. Tarp over the top to make in rainproof and maybe a dehumidifier inside if you can run enough power or have a small generator. Good luck buddy, just think long and hard about the first paragraph.

Ha, long and hard.

SS

5. I failed to mention any legal aspects. Curse you, MJ! :smoke:

6. if your parents catch you and then turn you over to the police then I would say that they aren't my parents. I couldn't see myself turning my child over to the police if I aught him growing mj in his room even if I thought it was bad.

7. You should not take marijuana into your parents house if they dont know about it. I hope you are at least 18. Otherwise you should not even be on this forum. Dry it at a friends house or get your own place and grow then.

8. if he wasn't 18, would you think he would tell us?