Drying/Curing need help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by -=CrAnSwIcK=-, Sep 27, 2006.

1. ok, my buds have been hanging for 3 days and the outside feels like kinda crispy but the middles feel a little spongy, i don't want them to get too crispy, and i don't want them to mold when i cure them...other than length of time which i find in most grow guides, what's a sure way to know your buds are dry enough to cure??

2. Definatily wait until their completly dry, I even sometimes wait a day or so extra. And to keep them from drying out to fast just put a 1 or 2 gallon bucket of water in the bottom of the closet or shed or wherever your drying. ''If mold gets on your buds it will really suck.'' ENJOY

3. when the stems snap, that usually means they are good to go.

4. I find if they are so dry that the stems snap then they are TOO dry. Often crumbly dry.

I start curing when the leaves are crispy dry.

5. that's what i was affraid of, thanks spanish...

6. whatever works. i dry mine till they break instead of bend.

7. Exactly, whatever works for you. Too dry and you lose weight, important if you want to sell any, and the bud can crumble to dust.

Too moist and it can rot or mould in its curing jar or bag.

It is a delicate balance, which has taken me a long time to get right.

8. got it...yeilded an ounce with 8 23W CFLs...smoked it already, and it kicked ass...makes some of the "hydro" i've been sold feel like schwag, in terms of potency...and the smell...oh my god....that was my first grow and i abused that plant...but i learned from my mistakes, and she live to bring me the greatest joy in my pot smoking history...

9. I find that too. Dry them til you can bend the stems, but if you put your fingers close enough its easy to snap it in half. Ya know?

10. daaamn. 3 days and there already crispy? i've heard people tell me to dry them for up to 3 weeks. im second guessing the 3 week thing now... im choppin in about a week. i guess well just see. BTW.. what is an ideal temp for the drying phase?