Drying Conditions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by poppsdabber420, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Hey guy, this is my first grow, I am growing in soil (Happy Frog) I flushed the plant about 4 days ago, and the soils is dry now. I have searched a lot for the answers about environmental conditions under which I should dry, and have not found specific answers. What I want to know is what temp and RH do I want to maintain in the room. Just outside my grow closet the room stays mostly dim, only a little light coming from my closet, the temp stays around 74 degrees or so, the RH stays around 35 to 40%, plenty of air circulation, but no fan blowing on the plant to dry, I just chopped the first plant down this morning, and have it hanging in the room now, I have yet to remove the fan leaves, but I may remove them later today. Any thought? Thanks in advance for the help  :yay:

BTW the plant is actually the first clone I put in the flowering room to sex the plant, I thought "what the heck, since I know it is a female , just finish flowering it" so I knew it would be a small plant with a small yield, and yes it is small, but the buds look very nice.

2. Mid 70's and rh at 40% sounds perfect for drying, just make sure some fresh air cycles through the room. Definitely a fan moving the air in the room but I never point the fan directly at the hangers. I always wet trim...take the fan leaves for compost and clip sugar leaves over a baking sheet to save for hash makings, some folks prefer to dry trim but I'd definitely take the fan leaves off so they don't layer up over a cola and invite mold. Congrats on your first harvest.

3. thank you, I just removed the fan leaves, the plant may only yield around an Oz, but I knew it would be small