Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Drying cannabis for tincture

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by JoeS100, Oct 8, 2018.

1. I want to make a tincture with cannabis flower with olive oil. The cannabis I have is fresh/damp. How would I dry it out without decarbing it so I can make the tincture?

Joe

2. @JoeS100

Tincture is High proof alcohol based.
    Edible oil is Cooking oil based.

Skipping the decarb will give you low stone THCA rich medicine.
    For maximum stone you'll need to decarb for either product. 240 F for 40 minutes to fully decarb.
    Simple dry would be the oven on it's lowest setting 100-140 F until it's dry.

Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

Both are covered in my sub threads.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  3. Put it in the even at a low temp, about 200F until dry. Decarb then at 240F for 40 minutes.. How are you planning on making your oil and for what purpose? It may make a difference in what you plan to do next.

4. #4 JoeS100, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    I plan to use THCa as a tincture as part of the cannabis protocol.
    How high heat can a person go before it decarbs? I also want to keep the terpenes, so am also concerned about heat as well.

I have some cannabis on hand that I got from a dispensary. I think it is dry enugh, but not sure; the stems on the flowers will snap. Do I need to cure the cannabis to make a tincture?

Joe

• Like Like x 1
  5. That dispensary cannabis will be fine, Joe. I've used it to make nondecarbed tincture. If you have fresh harvested and want to keep the terpenes just naturally dry it but if you want to do it faster use less than 150°F/65°C for an hour or so. You may need to do a couple of phases to get it perfect but perfect isn't necessary. You don't need to cure it. If you've got dispensary buds then you don't have to dry it any more. :)

• Like Like x 1